Fish Names?

This is not general chat...keep on topic

Party pooper :lol:

anyways, can you be more specific, what you put can be taken 2 ways..

1. this is not general chat.. (refering to our previous posts) which is basically saying, what we are putting is not general chat.
2. this thread is not general chat (stick to the thread)

well don't fight the urge to name them...

since day 1 with my fish i have not failed to name every single fish that has been in my tank. :blush:
the only exceptions i make is when i get a group of the same fish, then i tend to name the group...like my Neon Tetras were all Shinies, my apple snails are all Speedy Gonzalez and my (when I have) Ghost Shrimp are all Caspers.

if you're fish are a couple i would name them after a famous couple...i had a male/female couple of Black Emperor Tetras for a while, and they were Napoleon and Josephine :blush:

for the most part though, i tend to name the fish based on what they look like to me. I had originally named my rainbows Elizabeth and Bishop, after Elizabeth Bishop's poem where she has the famous line "Rainbow, Rainbow, Rainbow!". yesterday I got another set of rainbows and this time I really felt like the Turquoise should be named Steven, so there you go...

i will add though, as some people will tell you, that naming the fish does make it harder when/if they die. if it's just "a fish that died" is different (at least for me) than if I say "Nemo [my clown loach] died"...does that make sense? :blink:

Most reactions

Back