fish keeping and dyslexia

Status
Not open for further replies.

One_Trick_Pony

Steals the show
Reaction score
Hey guys as many of you know or can at least tell from my sig and spelling I am dyslexic, in a thread in NW chcilids Peter Lovett says that he too is dyslexic, I was just wondering how many other fish keepers we have here that are dyslexic??

Peter Lovett suggested that he knew of a few and i thought it would be good to investigate a correlation.

OTP

There is a recognised and well documented correlation between dyslexia & creativity, and fishkeepers also tend to be creative people, so indirectly, yes there is a link!

im dislexic with my spelling - writing - and speaking i got told when i was in high school which is kinda far of to be told it but ive proved most people wrong and am hopefully going to uni this year if they accept me :)

i got told by many people i wouldnt make it anywhere in my last school thats why im trying to prove them wrong every time i do something -- ive always been creative if that helps i do anything from knitting to scrapbooking and i do cooking as long as its not near flour as i have a phobia of it lol :blink:

i got told by many people i wouldnt make it anywhere in my last school thats why im trying to prove them wrong every time i do something -- ive always been creative if that helps i do anything from knitting to scrapbooking and i do cooking as long as its not near flour as i have a phobia of it lol :blink:

i am very slightly dyslexic i cant spell too good but that dont mean im any less clever lol :D

just coz u have it dont mean ur not clever i know loads wiv it and can spell better than me lol

trace said:
just coz u have it dont mean ur not clever i know loads wiv it and can spell better than me lol
exactly just cos you are dyslexic means nothing

many of the managers and directors at my work are dylexic but are at the top of their chosen profession.

trace said:
That's not hard though :p

debiasir said:
exactly just cos you are dyslexic means nothing

many of the managers and directors at my work are dylexic but are at the top of their chosen profession.
Very true. 'Disabilities' like dyslexia don't have to hold you back.
I'm colour-blind, (which is now being recognised as a form of dyslexia) but I also make a fair bit of money as an artist. *shrugs*

I am dyslexic with numbers. If I think my change is wrong in a shop I have to be very careful as it is usually me who is wrong! I am fine with spelling and writing. It is not a sign of intelligence whether you can spell or not. :)

A guy in university with me was dyslexic, and he's now a dentist... :D

Just a note to you lazy guys out there (!)...In my belief (and although I'm not dyslexic) I doubt very much that using shortened words and "txt spk" helps those unfortunate people who struggle enough without having to decipher sentences that are only vaguely English! Just a thought... :X So think before you type! Everyone needs to be able to read it - and as quick as you may be able to type it, it may take some significant amount of time for some others to be able to read it. Be sensible ;)

Yes, there's a world of difference between poor or lazy spelling and dyslexia.

Anyhoo, this has strayed well away from fishkeeping, so if no-one else has anything more to say about the possible links between fishkeeping & dyslexia, I'll close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back