Fish keepers in the Netherlands, what are the best or your favourite fish shops or other places with aquatics sections?

rebe

Fishaholic
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
On holiday with my family until early Friday morning, might have the chance to visit a dutch LFS. Possibly not, but if I do I'd love to have a/some recommendations to check out. Staying in Haarlem but my family is traveling a fair amount during the afternoons, (like Leiden and Amsterdam for example) so I don't mind travelling a bit for it.

I can't travel back in Ireland, as I haven't finished learning to drive and there are no transport links near me, and I don't have anyone to drive me to fish shops a few hours away.

So anybody or aquarium hobbyists in the Netherlands, recommendations or experiences would be very much appreciated 🙏🙏🙏

Might be a bit far from where you are staying but this place looks insane

address Havenstraat 58A1211 KM Hilversum

There are some awesome stores that might interest you:

Utaka
Lambert Heijnricsstraat 2-4
3817ER Amersfoort

Aquabeek
St.Magdalenaweg 6
5423XK Handel

De waterlelie
Lonnekerbrugstraat 82
7547AK Enschede

Romberg
Hugo de Grootplein 25
2613VL Delft

Aquafizz
Willem Ruysplein 2-4
3333 BX Zwijndrecht

Strijker
Beijerlandselaan 43b
3074EB Rotterdam

Zoo & zo
Lorentzstraat 1b
6716 AD Ede

These are stores worth to visit when you're in Holland. They are easily accessible by public transport.

What's also worthwhile to pay a visit to is this zoo Burger's zoo in Arnhem. They're got this mangrove section that's really a must see. They've created a copy of a biotope from Belize. Our livebearer society has given advice about the livebearers that live overthere.

Might be a bit far from where you are staying but this place looks insane
I had a look at the video you linked and their website, looks incredible. If it works out, I'd absolutely go!
😱 (<- in an impressed way)

Brilliant suggestion thank you

Thank you for so many recommendations! I'll have a look at them tonight and tomorrow (online) and see if I can visit any of maybe a few. I'd love to do a full tour of your recommendations and Matt's 🤞🤞
(Definitely not possible in 1-2 days 💔)

Utaka
Lambert Heijnricsstraat 2-4
3817ER Amersfoort

Aquabeek
St.Magdalenaweg 6
5423XK Handel

De waterlelie
Lonnekerbrugstraat 82
7547AK Enschede

Romberg
Hugo de Grootplein 25
2613VL Delft

Aquafizz
Willem Ruysplein 2-4
3333 BX Zwijndrecht

Strijker
Beijerlandselaan 43b
3074EB Rotterdam

Zoo & zo
Lorentzstraat 1b
6716 AD Ede

These are stores worth to visit when you're in Holland. They are easily accessible by public transport.

What's also worthwhile to pay a visit to is this zoo Burger's zoo in Arnhem. They're got this mangrove section that's really a must see. They've created a copy of a biotope from Belize. Our livebearer society has given advice about the livebearers that live overthere.
That zoo looks incredible. Those mangroves! 😍

That zoo looks incredible. Those mangroves! 😍
It's really worthwhile to pay a visit to... You can take the bus at the train station and the bus stops right in front of the zoo.

It's really worthwhile to pay a visit to... You can take the bus at the train station and the bus stops right in front of the zoo.
If I ever visit the Netherlands I'll be sure to put that on a list of places to visit. I'm off to Copenhagen in a few months and thinking of going to Den Blå Planet. Heard good things about it

Most reactions

Back