Fish Identification Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright scientific name
20saw_damba1-blog480.jpg

I'm not even sure of the common name so I'll let that one pass XD

malagasi cichlid - paretroplus damii?

Makes sense lol, one I've heard of but not 100% familiar with.

I read that article yesterday. I stumbled upon it when I was looking for that other cichlid. That's why I recognised the pic ;) interesting read. 

These are beautiful, an lfs down south have put on my lfs's fb page that they have these in. Both names please :D

pretty_zps9c3fd3b5.jpg

Ny82 said:
I read that article yesterday. I stumbled upon it when I was looking for that other cichlid. That's why I recognised the pic
wink.png
interesting read. 

These are beautiful, an lfs down south have put on my lfs's fb page that they have these in. Both names please
biggrin.png

pretty_zps9c3fd3b5.jpg

Neolamprologus brichardi - No common name really. It's a Lake Tanganyika Cichlid though :p

Lillefishy said:
Neolamprgolus brichardi
Fairy cichlid

So they do have a Common Name? I thought Fairy Cichlid was neolamprologus multifasciatus but must have been wrong :)

So sorry paradise! That's what they are called here. 

Lillefishy you win! Your go :)

Ny82 said:
So sorry paradise! That's what they are called here. 

Lillefishy you win! Your go
smile.png

It's fine, I was just under the impression it was a different species of Neolamprologus that was Fairy Cichlid lol. I'll keep that in mind from now on. No-where round here gives them a common name apart from Brichardi Cichlid when they have them in stock so I didn't think they had one lol.

Aww, that's a shame. I only seen them for the first time on the lfs fb page. I was like wow they are stunning., but they need at least 3 feet tank, and mines is almost 3 feet and they like harder water where as mines is 6.4 at the most. Nevermind!

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile81.html

Ny82 said:
Aww, that's a shame. I only seen them for the first time on the lfs fb page. I was like wow they are stunning., but they need at least 3 feet tank, and mines is almost 3 feet and they like harder water where as mines is 6.4 at the most. Nevermind!

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile81.html

They are quite a regular round here along with Multifasciatus lol. The Multifasciatus are OK in a 2ft as far as I'm aware but need shells as they are shell dwellers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back