evilmad.gif

Did he ask for the scientific name? 

FINE THEN

:p

the_lock_man said:
Tennessee Tangerine Darter.

Ny didn't put the Tennessee bit in....
tongue2.gif

Nice try TLM, Ny82 gets it. The location isn't part of the name. 'twas merely a clue as to where one might come across such a creature.

In Scotland, you might be referred to as a Chancer!

Ny82 said:

056.gif

fm1978 said:

Tennessee Tangerine Darter.

Ny didn't put the Tennessee bit in....
tongue2.gif

Nice try TLM, Ny82 gets it. The location isn't part of the name. 'twas merely a clue as to where one might come across such a creature.

In Scotland, you might be referred to as a Chancer!

Oooh, I've been referred to as a lot worse than that......

Ny82 said:
Did he ask for the scientific name? 

FINE THEN

tongue2.gif

No, I did not, and it wasn't necessary. It is your point, young lady. Please make sure your tray is in the upright position and post another fishy pic...!

p.s. Did you all see what I did there with the clue? I thought it was awesome... orange fruit? Tangerine! Bolt? Dart! Sometimes I surprise even myself!

lmao! Bolt made me think of usain bolt! Yes that was awesome, kept us guessing for a while!

The words were so stuck together they didnt make any sense put together as one unit. :p Orange-fruit could simply mean an orange. Somehow "orange looking fruit" would have lead me to more options that were not oranges.

But once I got the fish it all seemed to make sense. The name part didn't help me at all, it was really the location hint that got me through.

DreamertK said:
The words were so stuck together they didnt make any sense put together as one unit.
tongue2.gif
Orange-fruit could simply mean an orange. Somehow "orange looking fruit" would have lead me to more options that were not oranges.

That is the whole point of cryptic clues.

DreamertK said:
The words were so stuck together they didnt make any sense put together as one unit.
tongue2.gif
Orange-fruit could simply mean an orange. Somehow "orange looking fruit" would have lead me to more options that were not oranges.

But once I got the fish it all seemed to make sense. The name part didn't help me at all, it was really the location hint that got me through.

That's what makes it Cryptic 
sly.gif

Next time I'll make it easier just for you Dreamer tehe!

The tail is quite female betta-like but the anal fin is too small.

It's platy-like too, hmm.

They are very endangered and are native to nevada. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back