Fish Ideas!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Willbacon23

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey guys, just posting this as I’m bored and feels it could be beneficial for some. Does anyone have any underrated fish they have in their aquariums at the minute . For me it’s glowlight danio. With a dark substrate their colours look crazy and don’t even need a heater! Feel like if people go for danios they go straight for zebra danios or people choose terras instead. Please comment any ideas below find it really interesting!

Last edited:
I really like feeder guppies. Obviously the colorful was are beautiful but I like the simplicity of a little fish. And cute fry are good too!

Snails are often said to be boring but are actually quite fascinating to watch. I especially like mystery snails.

I love otocinclus catfish and the way they dart around the tank at night. (During the day too) I also like the fact that they stay small

For me all I have is wild Bettas. They don't get a lot of love and attention compared to their domestic counterparts. Right now, I only have Betta imbellis and Betta hendra.

I don't have any, but I think female and wild bettas are. So are(IMO) pea puffers, paradise fish and lampeye killifish, as well as sparking gouramis.

Pea puffers!! I don’t know many people with them but they are the cutest and one of the most interactive fish I have ever kept.

Cherry barbs. I've had them multiple times over the years. Just a go to species for me that I think is pretty underrated.

Most reactions

Back