fish house -- heating methods>>?

firetank

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
as the topic implies; im looking at increasing the number of tanks my garage holds; obviously they all need heating!!

which method do you feel is better\cheaper\more practical???

any thoughts welcome.
thanks
craig
;)

I have a fishhouse in my back garden. the building is 12'x12' and is insulated with rockwool and polystyrene. the inside measures 10x10 because of the insulation.
I have a heater in each tank and there is a 2KW oil filled radiator. the air temp is kept constant @27C and the tanks stay around 26/25C some of the tanks near tyhe floor need an occasional "boost" by the aquarium heater in the tank itself to keep it up to temperature.

thanks..... im in halifax so a similar set-up would seem reasonable..

so this means the insulation is 1 foot thick on all side, right?

the oil filled radiators are the plug in type you can get at B+Q>?

how much is your electricity bill increased by???
how many tanks are you keeping??

(thanks btw..) :D

cheers
craig

Yes the insulation is a foot thick. this is because there is a 3" concrete wall of the building the rockwooll and the white upvc cladding on the inside. there are 7 tanks containing approx 500 gallons between them. all have pumps and lights. I also have a 5' reef tank with 150w halites and all manner of equipment (reef is in the house not the fish house)

Now brace yourselfs. the electricity bill has gone up juse short of £100 a year. :S :S :S :hyper: :blink:

faints :D

the oilfilled radiator is the plug in type (got mine from argos)

I think that iyt would be considrably less if I didn't have the reef.

thanks.

£100 a year i dont think is that bad really... less than £10 a month....

cheers man,
craig
:D :D

Most reactions

Back