Fish Hitting Rocks

star678

Reaction score
ok my neons and guppys have started to breathe very rapidly at the bottom or floating on the top of the tank. Every now and again i can see them bouncing off the rocks.. . i don't know about the ph etc but all the other fish seem fine i cant see any white spots what shall i do??

Im going out to get a testing kit i have read about the ph nitrate and i need to do this properly so back soon

first of if they are breathing hard then that means not enought airogation (pos sp) and with th efact that they are near the surface could mean that they are taking air form the surface, try using a air stone :/

Symptom(s)
Fish rub against solid objects and "flash" when they turn to rub their sides giving a flash of silver colour as their undercarriage is exposed. They may also leap out the water.
This indicates some form of irritation of either the skin or gills.

possible Cause(s)
1) This could be caused by raised levels of ammonia, nitrite or high/low pH. Widely fluctuating diurnal shifts in pH can also cause irritation. Check all water parameters.

2) Irritation can also be caused by ectoparasites such as flukes, Trichodina, white-spot etc on the skin or gills. Examine the gills.

Symptom(s)
Fish rub against solid objects and "flash" when they turn to rub their sides giving a flash of silver colour as their undercarriage is exposed. They may also leap out the water.
This indicates some form of irritation of either the skin or gills.

possible Cause(s)
1) This could be caused by raised levels of ammonia, nitrite or high/low pH. Widely fluctuating diurnal shifts in pH can also cause irritation. Check all water parameters.

2) Irritation can also be caused by ectoparasites such as flukes, Trichodina, white-spot etc on the skin or gills. Examine the gills.
ok will examine them.... im just going out now to get a testing kit and i have 2 small airstones and one large airstone in the tank

Most reactions

Back