Fish has stopped eating so far as I know

API Aquarium salt is indeed plain ordinary salt but without additives such as iodine or anti caking agents. It can be used to treat minor infections.
Colin suggested using plain salt, sodium chloride, in case your fish has a minor infection.

The salts in your link are for increasing GH, KH and pH and are used to make water hard enough for Rift Lake cichlids where RO is used or have soft tap water. If your water is already hard enough for your fish you don't need to add the salts in your link. But if your water is too soft for them, adding it would help - you would need a GH tester to work out how much to use to get the GH to the level needed by your fish.

Salt is a chemical term meaning the product of reacting an acid with a base. There are hundreds of salts. Common salt, sodium chloride, is just one of them.

Agee it disagree but with cichlids, from rift lake to American , try a feeder fish , go buy a small little neon tetra and see what happens , if the fish doesn’t even attempt to eat it I’d say there’s something more happening than fussy eater
I know somebody with snakes and it’s a common practice when snakes stop eating frozen rats they will feed a live baby rat 9 times out of 10 it will eat and end its hunger strike,
I think sometimes animals need that natural instinct of the hunt

API Aquarium salt is indeed plain ordinary salt but without additives such as iodine or anti caking agents. It can be used to treat minor infections.
Colin suggested using plain salt, sodium chloride, in case your fish has a minor infection.

The salts in your link are for increasing GH, KH and pH and are used to make water hard enough for Rift Lake cichlids where RO is used or have soft tap water. If your water is already hard enough for your fish you don't need to add the salts in your link. But if your water is too soft for them, adding it would help - you would need a GH tester to work out how much to use to get the GH to the level needed by your fish.

Salt is a chemical term meaning the product of reacting an acid with a base. There are hundreds of salts. Common salt, sodium chloride, is just one of them.
Thanks for the clarification & your expertise.

Agee it disagree but with cichlids, from rift lake to American , try a feeder fish , go buy a small little neon tetra and see what happens , if the fish doesn’t even attempt to eat it I’d say there’s something more happening than fussy eater
I know somebody with snakes and it’s a common practice when snakes stop eating frozen rats they will feed a live baby rat 9 times out of 10 it will eat and end its hunger strike,
I think sometimes animals need that natural instinct of the hunt
Horror! Can I serve him a small sliver from my husband’s thumb instead?

Why the thumb ahahah , if the idea of feeding a fish is unbearable try cherry shrimp
I may just do that, thanks, never would have thought of live food. He has apparently rejected frozen red worms and brine shrimp.

Most reactions

Back