Fish Getting Beat Up.

steve620

Reaction score
I have a cichlid here that its getting beat up all the time and he's very pale compared to the other one.
Should I put the pale one in a Quarantine tank with Meds and if so what type of Meds would I use?

Attachments

• gold1.jpg
    gold1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 33
  • gold2.jpg
    gold2.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 40
i used to have a tank with a bunch of little chiclids from fry and only one of them became a male

Those are fish for very different set-ups from what I see in the photos. You're going to have to research keeping mbuna, or lake Malawi Cichlids. They demand a specialized approach and a well designed set up. You can't keep just 2 together.
Those two will never be able to be put back together unless you have a larger, well designed tank with a fair group of similar species.

I am assuming they are both Mbunas? Mbunas can be very aggressive/territorial, depending on the size of your tank they should be in a group to kind of spread the aggression a bit rather than just picking on one. Example, I have kept 12 to 15 mbuna in a 55 gallon for years, yes there is always one bully but with careful selection they can be fine in a large group. I first started with 5 and it didn't get any better till I had about 12. Then again, what works for me may not work for you. What size tank do you have and how many fish?

Most reactions

Back