Fish for 30G Bi-orb

Well, its only 30 litres. If you add anymore fish you will be badly ovrestocked. I'm not sure how big harlequins grow, but I think you are overstocked at the moment.

I don't think you should get any more fish either to be honest. You could maybe get away with a platy or 2 (make sure they are both male).

30 litres is about 8 gallons. I think five harlequins is already too much for that tank. I would certainly not add anything else yet. Is your tank cycled? What filter are you running?

IMHO the only fish suited to bi-orbs are bettas!

Ignore The-Wolf :p He has a serial hatred of Bi-orbs. I'm not sure what else you could keep in one, maybe a couple of platies or guppies.

A 30L tank is too small for 5 harlequins, and The Wolf is right when he says they're not really suited for anything else. There's simply not enough room and surface area!

I think you should ditch the Bio-Orb and go for a bigger tank. Bio-Orbs are pointlessly small, horrible obsqure to look at due to it being a bowl shape, and have really crap filtration systems.

For the same price that the bio-orbs are (£70) you could get a lot of tank. Either a smaller one of the Jewel series, or a 2nd hand larger tank.

Just my 2p, but take heed of what people in this thread have said as they really aren't a suitable tank for most fish.

Ben

I think you are a little over stocked.. If you want, you can send your HR's to me and ill send you some african dwarf frogs a few pearl plecos, and some ghost shrimp. :hey: :whistle:

I bought a Biorb about 1 year ago. I am gutted as it cost a lot for what it is where I could of got a bigger rectangle shaped tank with better filtration for a lot cheaper ah well we live and learn. They do look the part in a room but unfortunately they are not suitable for fish keeping IMHO.

You could get away with a betta or maybe try ADF’s.

Agreed, betta or ADFs. Having 5 harlequins in a BiOrb just.. isn't a good idea.

As pretty as a BiOrb is, it's possibly the most expensive, least useful fish tank I've ever seen. It's difficult to see through it because it's completely round, there's small surface area for gas exchange, and the filtration is crap. See if you can return it, say the filter doesn't work or something. Use the money to buy a larger, rectangular tank. Then you have more stocking options.

Most reactions

Back