help help help

• i dunno what to type here

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • or here

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

stevie_18

Reaction score
:crazy: i need some help i have had my tank running for 2 weeks now and 6 fish have dyied in total i put in 6 fish after 8 days running the tank and 3 guppies died then i got another 7 fish on the 12th day and 3 of them have also died. Is this normal to have a few fatalities or is there something up that i need to fix?
i am new to this so anything will be helpfull

:rolleyes: I have learned the hard way not to put too many fish in at a time / too quickly. Take it slowly and just add one or two at a time! It worked for me.

uumm no it was running for 8 or 9 days before i put any fish in i thought thats all i had to do

:) I guess you will need to get your water tested to get it right. There are lots of useful bits of information on this site and lots of links about water quality and they are right, it's as much about keeping bacteria as fish (if not more). Don't put in any more fish until you have researched the cycling process. It's rather disheartening when they die but we all have to start somewhere and when I started, I certainl didn't realise how indepth it was. :fun:

stevie_18 said:
uumm no it was running for 8 or 9 days before i put any fish in i thought thats all i had to do
Hi stevie_18. Try reading THIS article and see if it helps. :)

Stevie said:

Water parameters? Didn't you test water at all? How did you know that those fishes were suitable into water of your tank?

i am new to this so anything will be helpfull
im guessin he didnt know because of this mrv :huh:

ppl make mistakes :/

as some one else said, we have all been 'Newbies' at one time or another.... i still am... and even the ones with loads of experiance make mistakes... :look:

stevie sorry to hear u have got losses mate :-( .... most ppl at this stage will recommend doing a 25% water change on a daily or every other day basis and with me being new i agree with them....expect more losses... also do as advised and have ur water tested...

dont take it to heart mate i know its hard we have all been there and like i said i still am :) but u'll soon get to learn loads of new stuff....
:D

keep us updated

Dawn xx

Thanx everone for the info
the only thing i was told before i got the tank was that i had to leave the tank over a week before i put any fish in. i was told this by 2 people and it even says it in the aquaria book i got. but anyways i havent done any water changes as yet and no more have died the last one that died was 4 days ago. should i still do all the water changes everyday.

smb said:
stevie_18 said:
Hi stevie_18. Try reading THIS article and see if it helps. :)
Your Avatar and picture of that fish frightens me...lol IT'S GONNA EAT ME!!! :look: :look: :look: :|

Well, this
av-1464.jpg

looked first like gas in space :lol: Then I realised that it is a fish' mouth... Yes, as you can see from my avatar, I have glasses 8)

Most reactions

Back