Fish Compatibility

BigAlsTanks

Reaction score
I know African Cichlids are aggressive but I'm wondering what are some that aren't as aggressive. I know the Acei and Electric Yellows a relatively peaceful as far as cichlids go. I was wondering what other fish would go great with these two. The tank is 75gallons and has a decent amount of caves built from piling up rocks.

Once again what cichlids go great with Ps. Acei and Electric Yellows

I'll probably get 6 yellow 2 m 4 f and maybe 3 acei because I know they like to school

Cynoptilapia afra are fairly easygoing as far as mbuna go.
pseudotropheus crabro are pretty chilled too.
Some of the 'zebras' can be quite peaceful.
Pseudotropheus demasoni are peaceful amoung other species but often display intraspecific aggression when u have two males.
Labidochromis hongis are lovely looking fish, again quite placid in comparison to others.
there are a few that you should stay clear of if youre no a fan of the nasty ones.
Ive found p. socolofi, m. lombardoi, l. Fuelleborni, m. Chipokae and p. Elongatus to all have very agressive males!

plus 1 on the cynotilapia afra , i have a group of jalo reefs in my tank . afras are imo brilliant fish . i think they would make afantastic addition

What about Ice Blue Zebra's how do you think those would fair.

Those cynotilapia afra look pretty stunning that's awesome their pretty chill. Are the males aggressive towards each other or should I do 2 females per male with those?

i bought a group of 4 cynotilapia afra "jalo reef" it turned out that i got 2 m and 2 f my males are no trouble at all , pretty tollerent of each other for the most part . ideally i will add a few more females when i can find some tho just to make life easier on the existing 2 .

got no experience of ice blues , so i cant really advise you on those

i bought a group of 4 cynotilapia afra "jalo reef" it turned out that i got 2 m and 2 f my males are no trouble at all , pretty tollerent of each other for the most part . ideally i will add a few more females when i can find some tho just to make life easier on the existing 2 .

got no experience of ice blues , so i cant really advise you on those

Thanks for the help

Another I forgot to mention was a Chewere Elongotus. Have you had any experience with those? If so how would they fair?

I have a chewere elongatud an its a right #29### when it comes to any other elongatus in the tank, my neon spots and mpanga in particular take a beating. It doesnt seem to mind the elongatus usisya male or femal though.
The ice blue zebras can be slightly tempramental but for the most part they are also quite relaxed, i see the occasional dispute between a couple of males but other than that theyre fine, they dont swim about lashing out at other fish. Its hard to find nice zebras though, be careful youre not gettin hybrids!

Most reactions

Back