TIGER BARB
SERPAE TETRA
NEON TETRA
RED EYE TETRA
BLEEDING HEART TETRA
PAKISTAN LOACH
PICTUS CATFISH
CORYDORAS

upgrading to a new big tank 48x15x18, wanting to add a few new fish to my existing set up, any of teh ones listed suitable and durable to live with cichlids pls?

well the mollys, angels and the barbs will be okay with most of the fish but i don't know about the pictus cat fish

most cichlids are peaceful towards other species, and what is in your existing tank? plants,driftwood or decor?

well the mollys, angels and the barbs will be okay with most of the fish but i don't know about the pictus cat fish
wouldnt barbs be bad though for nipping at the angels fins??? I know they are fin nippers dat plagued me gourami and guppys, i wouldnt be too keen at all in havin them with any fish with long fins

tigers might nip the angels and other fish as they are notorious nippers
and neons will most prob become breakfast for someone

The pictus should be fine, ive had one with much nastier fish and they didnt bother him one bit.

tigers might nip the angels and other fish as they are notorious nippers
and neons will most prob become breakfast for someone

see i got told this by the LFS, tiger barbs not to be mixed with tetra's, gourami's etc however, i saw a ROMA 125 tank same as mine stocked with 4 tiger barbs 6" long, 2 Plecos 12" long, 3 Gourami's 5" long 3 silver sharks over 8" long and neon's at around 2" long! I nearly fell over. The tanks was rotten in colour, green algae falling from the surface, but they all got along and they had them from babies 18 months ago!!!!
So, does it depend on size of the fish to start off with??

Most reactions

Back