Fish can drive you mad. Tail fin damage.

Gypsum

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My longfin bristlenose's tail looks like it has split into four strips. It's very clean and not at all ragged or sore, but I'm assuming that it's damaged and not that the fish has grown her tail like that, although it's so clean that it could be the latter. I tried to get a photo but the fish isn't cooperating. The only perpetrator I can think of is the Hydor Koralia powerhead, as the plec crawls on it and tries eating algae off the thing. It lives in a 240l tank with a pile of corys, rummy nose and black phantom tetras, an L187b, and a raphael catfish. Ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates 0, PH 6.2. Fish otherwise behaving normally -- scurrying around the tank eating algae.

I'm going to cover the powerhead with the mesh saltwater people use to keep their anemones out of powerheads. Should I treat with Melaflix? Salt? Increase frequency or volume of water changes? Normally I do about 60% once per week.

I learn that fish will grow back any damaged Fin.
I have Long-Finned Danios, Her tail was Ripped by other danios. And now it's growing back. Probably going to be completely healed up next weeks.
I got advise that keeping Water Clean will Help them regenerate their damaged Fin. :fish:
Good luck!

Yes, clean water will grow back fins in no time at all. Good luck!

Should I treat with Melaflix? Salt? Increase frequency or volume of water changes? Normally I do about 60% once per week.
No, I don’t suggest treating with either. Just preform large, frequent water changes.

Most reactions

Back