Fish Bubbles - Wall Hanging Fish Tank - Half Gallon

But they also suggest it is alright for goldfish and there are loads of different fish pictured in the other pics. You can't say that is right!!!

the chances of that falling and taking a big chunk out of your plaster & brick work is very high, and if it got a leak, you got water damage to deal with right down your wall too.

and if you put it on an exterior wall it'd be FREEZING water too.

at least anyone who is dumb enough to think that it's a good idea will learn from their mistake pretty quick.

no i affence but i also think i looks cool but i would only put a goldfish in it
this doesnt mean i would buy it and i also dont think it is offencive to give your own opion about it
and i also think they wouldnt be any room for the fish to swim around in

but all in all it still looks pritty cool

no i affence but i also think i looks cool but i would only put a goldfish in it
this doesnt mean i would buy it and i also dont think it is offencive to give your own opion about it

The smallest of the goldfish get to at least 6" and the commons I believe grow to 12" to 18". Someone correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not much of a fan of the goldies.

It also comes in a two gallon size. As long as it is properly mounted and anchored to the wall, I don't really have any problem with it.

Well Im sure the fish will have a problem with it as they jump out of that hole and die on the ground.

I dont really care, if someone wants to waste their money let them, you cant stop them... as for mounting you would have to put it on a stud, to think otherwise would be foolish. espically when studs are very easy to find.

Not sure what size a goldfish grows to but one I had once grew to 12" it was in the 4ft aquarium at the time but parents wanted to decorate the room so fish went in bucket over night! Dad thought it would be ok without airstone so it died (was pretty sad really) I told him it needed the airstone, he was called Jaws lovely fish (for a goldfish won at a fair lol)........ As dad killed him I got a choice of snake or tropical fish for the tank went for the fish :D Whats worse about that though is that my dad had previously kept Marine fish when we lived down in Wales so you'd have thought he'd have known better!

Still think those bubble things are a bad idea............. but then again loads of people will be out buying them just for the sake of setting a new trend!

A goldfish actually needs MORE space than a corresponding tropical fish because of its higher oxygen needs+ high waste production. And they grow large. The only fish that can go in a 2 gallon is a betta, due to their unique combination of low activity level, unsociability and ability to take oxygen out of the air. Still, even a betta should not be expected to live in under 1.5 gallon.

I don't see a problem.

Loads of people keep bettas in unheated un filtered 1/2 gallons. there's no cries of damnation about the sale of those tanks. And the larger ones are even better.

1/2 gallon of water will weigh around what? 2 kilos? a wall could take that no problem. So long as the screw goes a fair amount in. 8 kilos for the largest is not that bad.

As for them saying what you can put in it, almost all retailers (especially those aiming for large sales) will overstate what can go in a tank.

All in all, I think it's quite a novel idea. similar to those 6 inch deep tanks you see to appear like hung picture.

I don't see a problem with having one that was 2g - a betta would be quite comfortable in there. They wouldn't be upset with hanging on the wall in a quiet part of the house either (ie not a hallway), but you would need to cover the gap with something in case it jumps! :X

Wall hanging tanks have been around for a long time and I've seen huge square ones with plenty of growing room for fish, which seem to stay up okay.

1l = 1kg and 2g (UK) = about 9l, so that's about 9kg. If you have a large wooden shelf full of stuff, it probably weighs more than that.

Ami

I don't see a problem.

Loads of people keep bettas in unheated un filtered 1/2 gallons. there's no cries of damnation about the sale of those tanks. And the larger ones are even better.

1/2 gallon of water will weigh around what? 2 kilos? a wall could take that no problem. So long as the screw goes a fair amount in. 8 kilos for the largest is not that bad.

As for them saying what you can put in it, almost all retailers (especially those aiming for large sales) will overstate what can go in a tank.

All in all, I think it's quite a novel idea. similar to those 6 inch deep tanks you see to appear like hung picture.

Actually, if someone in the betta forum posts, 'I have a betta in a 1/2 gallon bowl!', there are a signficant number of 'cries of damnation'... a little too many, some people treat with vinegar when they should treat with honey.

I see little wrong with this tank, except that it's too small, and has a huge open top. A gallon or two would be a healthier enviornment for a fish. Obviously, different concerns come into play with a novelty container such as this -- such as placement, heating, stability, etc. Too many concerns for me to want to bother with it, myself. But if I saw a 1-2 gallon tank, such as this, in someone's home, I'd be more likely to compliment than condemn.

my dad says it would hold 2 gals as long as it was a screw and not a nail :)

remember, people put Plasma TVs on the wall, they way a lot more than a 2gal fish "tank"

[quote name=''genesis' post='1033608' date='Jan 12 2006, 04:32 PM']
my dad says it would hold 2 gals as long as it was a screw and not a nail :)

remember, people put Plasma TVs on the wall, they way a lot more than a 2gal fish "tank"
[/quote]

They also go on sophisticated mounts. I've moved Plasma TV's around before now, and the mounts can sometimes weigh more than the television itself...

Most reactions

Back