Fish Bloat

not sure, google the disease, you can give high fibre foods to help like peas, defrost them and remove the shells, squish a little and feed, they should take it

What type of fish?
What other symptoms?
What are your water readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and PH?

my female betta and gold fish look like they have it. i moved them to the fish bowl. I had a guppy die Friday.im guessing from belly bloat. I accidentally bought just a ph tester last night. i have to go get the other too. the ph read 7.6. ill try the pea thing. can i give them can peas. or does it have to be frozen peas and do i have to boil them. thanks

Meds are only good if its bacterial.
Bloating can be constipation, swim bladder, dropsy, internal parasites, egg bound.
Are the scales sticking out.
Can the betta maintain it's balance in the water.
What do you feed your fish.

How many gallons is the tank.
Water stats in ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph.
How many fish and which type.

Meds are only good if its bacterial.
Bloating can be constipation, swim bladder, dropsy, internal parasites, egg bound.
Are the scales sticking out.
Can the betta maintain it's balance in the water.
What do you feed your fish.

How many gallons is the tank.
Water stats in ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph.
How many fish and which type.

it dont look like the scales are sticking out. yes she can maintain her balance. I have a 10 gallon tank.
I only have a Ph tester right know and it it was a 7.0
I have 3 guppies and a glow fish and 2 tetras not sure what kind. clown loach. betta, 2 African Cichlids, Calico gold fish. Im getting a 55 gallon tank today for my African Cichlids. there still small. I didnt know they were mean when i bought them. Im new to fish.
and i feed my fish tetra color tropical flakes

Your tanks severely overstocked.
I would invest in some liquid test kits.
For now and immediate water change and increase aeration in the tank.
Goldfish shouldn' really be kept with tropical fish.
The first goldifsh alone needs 20 gallons and double filteration.
Clown loaches need 90 gallons as they grow bigger.
research the fish before you buy.

I WENT TO THE PETSHOP AND TOLD THEM THE SIZE TANK I HAD SO THE CLOWN LOACH WAS NOT MY FAULT. THEY GAVE HIM TO ME AND NEVER SAID HE WAS GOING TO GET SO BIG. I WANTED ALL SMALL FISH.

Aah, feel for you, allmyfishes! Very frustrating to follow the advice of a place you think should be expert only to find it was anything but!

You are so much luckier than the average person though, as you are one of the tiny percentage that have stumbled across TFF! You are getting help from one of the resident experts from the emergency section, Wilder!! You've got all sorts of resources among the members here.

I'd say, from my experience here, that I'd use TFF to research all sorts of aspects of my fishkeeping. Then I'd be very careful when venturing into a LFS. The thing to do is have it very planned out based on work you do here and then go in and use them as the place to see if you can find and buy what you want. I always try to keep up a good relationship with them but am very careful about taking any advice and I'd certainly be very cautious about changing a buying plan based on anything from the LFS. Of course it depends on your judgement of the situation but these are just my thoughts about being cautious, in case it helps.

~~waterdrop~~

I got African Cichlids and they never said they mean little buggers. im working on getting a lest a 55 gallon for them. i want a 90 gallon though. I need to get them out before the use my guppies as a snack. anyone know how long it takes belly bloat to go away

Most reactions

Back