Aqua clear 70 filter

Currently it contains:
2 bristle nose pleco
5 platy
1 dwarf flame gourami

Fish I'm planning on adding:
10 black shirt tetra
6 panda cory

Can I add anything else? Any suggestions?

So what i'm wondering is how many fish should I add at once?, i'm thinking like 3 panda Cory, wait a week then add the other 3 . And the same half strategy for the tetra?

Thanks in advance

Watch those plecos carefully and try to have 4-5 caves because males are aggressive and territorial: two males will try to kill each other in a tank that size. 2f would work, 1m 1f might work.

Is the tank planted? How long since the filter has been fully cycled? Do you have sand?

I recommend that you aim for 10 panda Corys and 15 black skirt tetras, if the tank will take it. Maybe 2 female dwarf gouramis as well, in the long term.

Look again I accidentally posted before UT was done and went back and re entered it

And Ive had them for a few months and there is almost no aggression. 1 is albino and much smaller. Occasionally the larger one will move at it but the albino is much faster and just moves away.

A lot of the time they actually hang out with each other

best not to get your pandas in small numbers, they are very small and stress easy without lots of company, if i were you, i would look at getting 8 or more of them.

Watch those plecos carefully and try to have 4-5 caves because males are aggressive and territorial: two males will try to kill each other in a tank that size. 2f would work, 1m 1f might work.

Is the tank planted? How long since the filter has been fully cycled? Do you have sand?

I recommend that you aim for 10 panda Corys and 15 black skirt tetras, if the tank will take it. Maybe 2 female dwarf gouramis as well, in the long term.

Yes the tank has some live plants, I would say at least 5/6 months. Yes it has sand.

Yes the tank has some live plants, I would say at least 5/6 months. Yes it has sand.
In that case, I recommend that you first add some more plants, then stock like this:
now: increase feeding
week 1 (of adding stock): 6 tetras (reduce feeding a little)
week 2: increase feeding
week 3: 6 tetras (reduce feeding a little)
week 4: increase feeding
[2 weeks break would be better here, instead of 1]
week 5: 6 Corydoras (reduce feeding quite a bit, Corys will need meaty sinking pellets which tend to be on the polluting side compared to other foods).
week 6: increase feeding
week 7: 4-6 Corys (keep feeding same)
week 8: increase feeding
[2 weeks break would be better]
week 9: 3-6 tetras (you probably don't need to worry about feeding by this point as your filter should contain at least 600-700% more bacteria than it does now)
week 10-12: add 2f dwarf gouramis, if you like… I recommend some floating plants if you go for them

You should be checking water parameters for the whole time and if there are any problems, wait at least 2 weeks before adding any more stock.

In that case, I recommend that you first add some more plants, then stock like this:
now: increase feeding
week 1 (of adding stock): 6 tetras (reduce feeding a little)
week 2: increase feeding
week 3: 6 tetras (reduce feeding a little)
week 4: increase feeding
[2 weeks break would be better here, instead of 1]
week 5: 6 Corydoras (reduce feeding quite a bit, Corys will need meaty sinking pellets which tend to be on the polluting side compared to other foods).
week 6: increase feeding
week 7: 4-6 Corys (keep feeding same)
week 8: increase feeding
[2 weeks break would be better]
week 9: 3-6 tetras (you probably don't need to worry about feeding by this point as your filter should contain at least 600-700% more bacteria than it does now)
week 10-12: add 2f dwarf gouramis, if you like… I recommend some floating plants if you go for them

You should be checking water parameters for the whole time and if there are any problems, wait at least 2 weeks before adding any more stock.

awesome this was exactly the kind of answer i was looking for! thanks a ton

I should have said: "You should be checking water parameters for the whole time and if there are any problems, wait at least 2 weeks *after you sort out the problem* before adding any more stock." Also, I should probably add that "no problem" means you never ever see any ammonia and nitrite readings and all fish survive.

Most reactions

Back