First Step Taken On The Long Road

Now I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or you like aquascaping as much as I do. :blink:

I nearly took the ATI unit out for a pic as well but thought that was probably just being daft, knowing my luck someone will damage it the minute it comes out the box.

It not sarcasm mate. We all love looking at different scapes and pics. Plus were a nosy bunch us salties lol

Okay well when my wife comes home from melting the credit card and my 3 year old daughter wants to occupy herself with something other than attempting to cause herself major physical harm I will stick them up.

Yes Ozzie this rock was bought as ocean rock but I think some call it Texas Holey rock, I think its the same thing, but yes loads of big holes, big enough for my goby to swim through the middle of the rock.

The reef bones available at Coventry were awesome and only £5 a kilo, they do weigh quite heavy but well worth it for the unusual shapes.

I'm waiting for photos too :good:

Seffie x

The Pressures on now mate! The 'queen of Marine' wants to see them too. :lol:

Your getting quite an audience now. No pressure like :lol:

I bet your rescaping in your conservatory right now trying to create something picasso would be proud of :lol:

i really struggle posting pics here, i've always had to resort to providing an external link, i've read the info about editing the pics to 600 pixels and 50mb but it still doesnt work any tips

pics of my rocks.....oooer missus! they appear to me to be quite porous and tho i'm not a geologist i do work in the landscape dept of a large garden centre so i'm dealing with stone quite a bit. these seem calciferous and a bit chalky and there are obvious signs of previous life......... let me know what you think

http://picasaweb.google.com/dayzofspeed/OceanRock

i really struggle posting pics here, i've always had to resort to providing an external link, i've read the info about editing the pics to 600 pixels and 50mb but it still doesnt work any tips

Create a free account on Photobucket. Upload pics/vids to Photobucket then copy and paste the IMG code to here. Quick and very easy. You can do straight from a camera or phone [takes seconds]

pics of my rocks.....oooer missus! they appear to me to be quite porous and tho i'm not a geologist i do work in the landscape dept of a large garden centre so i'm dealing with stone quite a bit. these seem calciferous and a bit chalky and there are obvious signs of previous life......... let me know what you think

http://picasaweb.google.com/dayzofspeed/OceanRock

Thats ocean rock alright. Thats exactly the same as my box with 30kg worth

I think the stuff George seems to be describing sounds a lot better than the rock I bought. If the rock has lots of holes in I would say it would allow the water to atleast flow through it. The stuff I bought was like big lumps of rock and very smooth which was another problem as the fiji wouldnt grip to it well.

Dont be shy, bang up the pics :)

yeah only prob with oceanrock ozzie, its very dense and smooth in texture, im considering getting some lava rock, £2.50 kg from Maidenhead in brigg my pla is to shape it with my dremel, its really pourous and hopefully wil blend in behind my LR so its un-noticable.

We all love pics dayz, especially of rocks ... ive developed an art of rock watching come the last few months, new stuff every night almost lol never mind the fish,starfish, corals and inverts id be happy with a tank full of LR

the stuff i have isnt at all smooth, not that it matters really as this is mostly gonna be the base anyway

nice tip ozzie, i think ill be borrowing that idea when i build my scape! :good:

Most reactions

Back