First Spawn Log!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishy friend2

I Love Betta Fish!!!! They Are My Favorite Fish
Reaction score
Hi. I thought I would keep a spawn log of my first (successful) spawn fry development,

Male
e59b9f95.jpg

d8252a9f.jpg

7a2ebc75.jpg

Female
fdc4ea54.jpg

930a42d6.jpg

ec28c349.jpg

NEST

95572ad9.jpg

d8e1d789.jpg

1d7d5c48.jpg

DAY ONE . July 5, 2012

The male and female have spawned while I was visiting a friend. They were very gentle in the spawning process and are very gentle in the spawning tank. There are eggs in the nest. It is a relatively small spawn but is a good start.... The female is healing as of now in heavy tannin, clean water and the male is constantly tending, sitting under the nest

well done i wish i was brave enough to breed my betta and good luck on your fry. :good:

Thank you! I have another import pair that I'm going to spawn aswell. And another pair is in the spawning tank right now

DAY TWO

The male is tending to the nest making sure that all of the eggs are safe. So far none of them have dissapeared....though he's moved them around quite alot

Ooh, wow!

I've got another spawn planned, Dragon Scale pair if I can get away with it without causing to much Dragon scaling that it blinds the betta's.

The fry are free swimming. They are all over the tank now....... Also, I have a dragon pair too ! I'm planning on breeding them tonight

21ae5703.jpg

7f20bec7.jpg

Can you get a clearer picture of your male? He doesn't look dragon scale to me... Also be careful because if you breed 2 dragons together you run the risk of producing babies that have too many scales and the excess scales blind the fish because they grow over the eyes.

This happens to them...
http://www.betterphoto.com/uploads/processed/1141/1110041431551dsc_0318.jpg
And
http://www.bettafish.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39115&d=1317937755

I know how to breed fish. Dragonscalexdragonscale won't result in dragon scaling over the eye.only breeding dragon scales with this trait will result in fish with excessive scaling over there eye

That's not true. Most of the fish with Dragon Scaling over the eye is caused by breeding 2 dragon scales together with or without the trait in either parent.
It's the excess dragon scales which can be caused by breeding 2 dragon scales, especially with your female having so much dragon scaling all ready...

I'm sorry but I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't risk the babies being blind.

I just wanted to say that both fish don't even have full scaling. Breeding two dragon scales usually won't end up with fish that have scaling over the eye. I dnt know where you get this information from. Maybe breeding two FULL dragon masked bettas would but not regular dragons. Mine both don't have. The full dragon scaling. This is something I won't worry about at the moment

I just wanted to say that both fish don't even have full scaling. Breeding two dragon scales usually won't end up with fish that have scaling over the eye. I dnt know where you get this information from. Maybe breeding two FULL dragon masked bettas would but not regular dragons. Mine both don't have. The full dragon scaling. This is something I won't worry about at the moment

Your female does.

Most reactions

Back