First Fish Ever

richchappy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok lets have a nice walk down memory lane lol
what were the first fish you ever brought,
for me, I brought 2 fancy gold fish when i was about 6 and my first tropical was 2 Bronze corys and a trio of Guppys

Rich

My first was a common pleco. He got up to 8 inches in the 30 gallon and I had him for a few years, but he died from hole in the head disease.

my first fish was won at a fayre on a ring toss when i was 4 and he gave it to me because i couldnt do it lol, any way i had that fish for 10 years always sat at the end of my bed in his little plastic bowl, lol thanks to him i now have tropical fish.

oh yeah it was a bog standard gold fish.

First fish we ever bought were our corys, our bronze, Jack, our oldest peppered, Doug, and an albino named Panic! who passed away, and three glass catfish, Fester, Buster and Casper. Only Buster is still about but we love all our fishes.

We've gone from 6 to 16

When I was a kid we (whole family) went to the LFS and picked out neon's and a betta because they were the most colorful ones there. Of course, the employee's told us it would be ok. We got the tank, the fish, everything same day.

Anyway, I don't recall having many problems with health because of no water changes, no cycling, etc what did them in was incompatibility. The betta ended up literally eating all the neons. :/ My defense is I was only eight. lol

First fish would be a few platys, back in '92. I had a couple of turtles when I was a kid, the 5 & 10 sold little setups cheap.

I got a couple of shubumkins(Sp) when I was a wee lad. I loved them, it broke my heart when they died. My first tropical fish were just a few weeks ago, 8 Zebra Danios and 3 Panda Corydoras (Sadly not with us anymore). :/

my first fish was gold fish :D when i was real young and they all dies cos they came from a fair nd were in a small bowl :eek: sorry!!!

my first tropical fish were bloon mollies (mistake if u ask me lol they had babies so were also my fist fry)
and rainbow fish

My first fish was a goldfish called Winnie 'cos I won it at a fair. I had it for ages but it died when my baby sister fed it a whole canister of flake and messed up the tank.

Most reactions

Back