First Ever Betta

wow thats an awesome looking betta, where did you buy him through?

also how expensive was it? looks like a lot of them are$30 on ebay
thanks ^^
finzntailz.co.uk Same ebay price.. I was only allowed to get him on the promise that I wouldn't ask for any more fish! :shifty:

I thought I recognised him! big fan of Finz n Tailz fish although i have none myself Yet! He's another importer local to me :D

Any pictures of his tank?

Any pictures of his tank?

Here's the tank so far... have ordered some java ferns which should come next week.. It's looking pretty empty at the moment! Also, the water level is low so he can't jump out - he can't jump out from that hieght right?

34ytyxe.jpg

Video of him in the tank:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH62VyE-hxg&context=C3f9d79bADOEgsToPDskJKt3BSV2wttgz_rc1cX8kB

You'll be surprised how high they can jump! i have a female with swimming difficulties that easily jumps 1.5" over a divider

You'll be surprised how high they can jump! i have a female with swimming difficulties that easily jumps 1.5" over a divider

Too right! My juvine male was such an escape artist! He jumped out of his temp breeder trap which was 3 inches out of the water a few times.

Just be careful :good: He's stunning! I've been tempted by finzntails so much haha.

i'm quite worried now! Think i'll have to cover up the larger gaps in the lid, I thought because his fins were so long and he can't swim so fast that he wouldn't be able to get enough speed to jump out - I don't want to risk it though,
Yes they are very tempting! I'm sneakly setting up another tank despite my no more fish promise.. :shifty:

i'm quite worried now! Think i'll have to cover up the larger gaps in the lid, I thought because his fins were so long and he can't swim so fast that he wouldn't be able to get enough speed to jump out - I don't want to risk it though,
Yes they are very tempting! I'm sneakly setting up another tank despite my no more fish promise.. :shifty:

yes so am I 9 tanks later! :lol: Mainly Bettas! 10 Males *+3 to come!* & 13 females so far :look:

:drool:

He has to be one of the best looking bettas I have ever seen. I've been looking on the 'Finz n Tailz' website recently just out of curiosity, haven't seen him though! Was he bought through their website or eBay?

He has to be one of the best looking bettas I have ever seen. I've been looking on the 'Finz n Tailz' website recently just out of curiosity, haven't seen him though! Was he bought through their website or eBay?

Theres a fair few you won't see ;) unless your on FB :lol:

Absolutely beautiful boy! He'll really appreciate the new cover when you get it in, too :good:

yes so am I 9 tanks later! :lol: Mainly Bettas! 10 Males *+3 to come!* & 13 females so far :look:

Wow - haha I only just got the one yesterday and I want more! :lol: They're lovely to watch and it's a nice change from my food obsessed tiger barbs!

I've been looking on the 'Finz n Tailz' website recently just out of curiosity, haven't seen him though! Was he bought through their website or eBay?

Neither actually - forgot to say! There's a finzntailz youtube account, I asked about the betta in the video. It had only just been uploaded so I think he would've got up on ebay or the site!

He'll really appreciate the new cover when you get it in, too :good:

yes, hopefuly he'll sleep on the java fern leaves instead of on top of the filter, :)

Sorry.. I can't stop photographing! :lol: Last ones I promise..

11vtx90.jpg

r2oroy.jpg

28bfaxk.jpg

Ahaa!
That last photo is amazing! You should enter it into the FOTM competition :good:

Theres a fair few you won't see ;) unless your on FB :lol:
:lol:

Neither actually - forgot to say! There's a finzntailz youtube account, I asked about the betta in the video. It had only just been uploaded so I think he would've got up on ebay or the site!
I'll be watching out then!

Sorry.. I can't stop photographing! :lol: Last ones I promise..
I don't mind them all :lol:

Ahaa!
That last photo is amazing! You should enter it into the FOTM competition :good:

+1!

Are you allowed to post the FB link? I can't find the page!

+1 on fotm competition :lol:

Most reactions

Back