First Betta

goodste

Reaction score
Hi All
Get my first Betta tomorrow can't wait.
So here is my tank setup, photo 2 is a couple of weeks ago initial setup and photo 1 after I added moss at the start of the week.
I am getting Crown Tail and will take photos when he is in his new home.

Attachments

• Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Added_moss.jpg
    Added_moss.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 58
welcomeani.gif
to the soon to be wonderful world of Bettas
fish.gif

Looks good, how many litres/gallons is it?

I love Crowntails - have you already spotted one you like?  What colour are you going for?

Is the tank fully cycled?

Can you add your location to your profile as it assists in advising you :)

Thanks for the message.

Chester, England here.

I am getting a blue crown tail.

It is 20litre which I know is the minimum but it was the biggest I could get in my room with having my 60 litre tank in there as well.

It is fully cycled used media and water from my other tank and had a couple of amano shrimp in there this week.

Awesome
thumbs-up.gif
excellent.
Are you leaving the shrimp in there?  Yet to venture into the shrimp world - have you found them easy to keep?

Look forward to seeing the pics of him.  I have two Crowntail males in my collection, one is blue with some red in him and the other is a metallic turquoise with red.  The latter can sometimes change his colour slightly so I think he has some marble gene in him.  Waiting for his tail to grow back, which it is slowly, as he bit it off when he first arrived!  Seems more settled now, change his tank around sometimes and put a few small fish in to amuse him.

What else do you have in your larger tank?

That's a great tank for a betta, you did a great job setting it up and picking the tank. It even has a taller plant for him to sleep on!

RCA
I am going to try the shrimp in with the Betta but if he takes a dislike them they will go in my other tank. The shrimp are really easy to keep, help remove algae ans are something different to look at.
My other tank has 2 Dwarf Gouramis, 2 Blue Ram, 6 Corys and 2 Dwarf frogs.

tcamos
Thanks for the awesome message, I was trying to set it up well for him. I ordered the taller plant online was a little disappointed when it came wanted it to be bigger for him to sleep on.

Cant wait to get him in the tank :)

You'll be sorry!
Got a betta for the first time last year. Had my eye on an orange veil tail, but when I went to get him, this red crown tail followed me everywhere. His tank sits between mine and my wifes chair and depending on who is seated depends on which side of the tank he's on.
Now working on my wife to set up a mirrored tank.
Betta's are like potato chips, bet you can't just have one.

The tank looks great.

Thanks Frapadoodle

I really cant wait, I wanted a betta when i got my first tank in September but my friends got me dwarf gouramis for my birthday so couldn't get one.

So cant wait for tomorrow :)

Most reactions

Back