First Betta Arrived

goodste

Reaction score
My first Betta has arrived and he is happily exploring his tank.
He has been in there around an hour and has already eaten which I take as a good sign.
Just need a good name for him now.

Here he is:

Attachments

• Betta2.jpg
    Betta2.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Betta1.jpg
    Betta1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 76
Good looker, would be great opposite my red crown tail. In a seperate tank of course.
As for names I go with the first thing that pops in my head.
Mine is Bulldog Fred.

Very handsome. I usually name my fish based off their looks. My royal blue veil tail is named King, and my red/blue/purple crowntail is named Phoenix (because he looks like a Phoenix when he swims), a purple veil tail named Hendrix after Jimi Hendrix, a red crown named Delta, and a peach colored veil named Honey.

I am thinking Thor is his name.
He comes to see me everytime i go to the tank :)

attibones said:
Very handsome. I usually name my fish based off their looks. My royal blue veil tail is named King, and my red/blue/purple crowntail is named Phoenix (because he looks like a Phoenix when he swims), a purple veil tail named Hendrix after Jimi Hendrix, a red crown named Delta, and a peach colored veil named Honey.
See they're like potato chips, one is just not enough.

goodste said:
I am thinking Thor is his name.
He comes to see me everytime i go to the tank
yay.gif
)

They are very endearing the way they do that, it is what makes them attractive I think, as well as their good looks of course.
Looks like you have your name "Thor", and that he has already become your Avatar picture
thumbs-up.gif

Enjoy him, they are fun fish.  Thanks for sharing him with us.
BTW the one in my Avatar is called "Albert", we just can't help but name them, and each one has a different personality.
Be warned they are addictive.
Let us know when you plan your next one, and then the next, and the next ....

He's a beauty! Congrats on your first betta, don't be surprised if you end up with more of the little critters! :D

Thor was the name of my very first betta too ;) 

frapadoodle said:
See they're like potato chips, one is just not enough.
I know! They are so addictive. We got Delta first, but then I found King, and then Phoenix (my favorite). Anyone who plans on getting ONLY one betta for the entire house is sadly mistaken. I may even be getting a sixth one. I keep mine in my painting room. I love being able to watch them while I work. 

Goodste, expect something very similar in a few months.

He is awesome, loving watching him swim round his tank. He is enjoying swimming round and through the ornaments and plants. He slept under the log ornament, I was worried he was going to get stuck but he knew what he was doing. Came straight to see me this morning when he saw me watching him.

Most reactions

Back