Firemouth Fry!

Hi all, Sorry for the delay. Here is a update on them!
DSC00498.jpg

Some of them are really good now!

Westwood

Quick update for you.
They are growing well and are starting to colour up, all have black spots on there bodies and few of the biggest are getting red on there fins and gills!

DSC00501.jpg

Westwood

They're starting to look really great.

Great journal. I cant wait untill i get my pair sometime this week. I hope i can try my hand at breeding these guys :D

Really do like the look of this tank, almost to the point that i'm thinking about breaking mine down for a re-scape :-(

Firemouths are stunning looking fish, you must be extremely happy with the way that it's turned out.

Good work :good:

How are they coming along WW, really concidering getting some of these for my new planted project, when they are big enough ofcourse :)

First of all sorry to all have not had much time to be on the forum recently, but should be ok now.

Hey Westwood, Do you have any tips for trying to sex firemouths ?

Firemouths are very difficult to sex, I find females are smaller than male and some times have less colour. But there is no easy way to tell.

How are they coming along WW, really concidering getting some of these for my new planted project, when they are big enough ofcourse :)
Deffinalty get some they are great fish to keep!

So a update (finally) :lol:
DSC00509.jpg

Not the best picture in the world as my camera had very little power left.

On some of the larger fish they are starting to get blue speckles over their body's. :D

Westwood

Got a video for all of you all. Hope you enjoy it:

Here is another picture of the Male as they are getting ready to spawn, hopefully I can get a video for you when they do.
DSC00532.jpg

sorry for the stuff in the water, had just feed them! Mucky devils! :hey:

Westwood

Fry look awesome and that male is stunning!

All the best.

Most reactions

Back