Find Me That 6ft Tank I'm After

CLOSSIE

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
As the topic title says - I'm after some guidance for the best tropical 6ft tank (or 2m...).
My wife is beginning to cave in to my constant whining for a larger set up so I plan to make the best of her Xmas cheer.
What I need is a good looking, modern styled, light coloured tank.
Needs to be 6ft minimum in length and have storage underneath for items other than fish stuff (its replacing where I currently keep all my dining plates, booze etc)..
Any ideas and pics would be welcomed as I am getting bored trolling through so many different websites.
Experiences gratefully received also (dont want a tank that will scratch, burst a seal or begin to look tatty after a couple of months)...
This is a long term investment (the wife), not necessarily the tank so I need it to be good quality- or perhaps that should that be the other way round...

So guys and gals lets see what you've got.

Final thought - nothing bank busting - upto a grand would be sufficient to cause my bank balance to weep.. there is a credit crunch afterall...

Thanks and looking forward to your thoughts. :good: :good: :good: :drool:

what is your budget ?

MAHF - my budget is upto a grand.
Actually have just been looking at the Akva stabil effect line. Anyone got any experience. I've got a 2m + cabinets coming in at £850

check out ndaquatics.com an 84x24x24 on there comes in at 720 including cabinet plus around 50 for delivery. i got a 48x24x24 from them in october and the build quality and finish are absolutely 1st class. service is great too . also its not delivered by some mindless courier the fella that makes them actually deliverys them himself in a hired van and helps you situate the tank where you want it. the tank i have from them is well built and im sure it will last as long a i live. and if you have a grand to spend you could go as far as 96x24x24 which comes in at 802

omg those tanks at ndaquatics.co.uk are rather inexpensive! The only tanks i've seen so far that size(ish) are seashell ones that they sell down at my lfs but they are at least 1/3 more expensive!

and they are amazing quality as well seashell are good but dont sell direct to the public anyway plus the nd tanks are imo better. to give you an idea the hinged lid on the hood on mine is around 15mm thick fixed with good quality heavy duty hinges and is absolutely rock solid . also you can choose different cabinet styles and loads of different colours. id never buy a tank anywhere else again as long as i live.

Gravel.jpg

wholetank.gif

the pics dont really do it justice

trust me you wont be dissapointed i was giggling and grinning like a kid at xmas when mine got delivered ....... which is another good point with ndaquatics from enquiry to order to delivery was around 7 days

aquariumsdelivered.co.uk are meant to be ok, they have soem of the Rena 600's in there which are really nice (mate has one)! OR they also have the large C-Dream, although I have not seen one of these "in the flesh" so can't say how nice they are etc...

They aim for 5 day turn around from ordering to delivery, but think they only deliver to kerbside (couple of quid to the delivery guys should see it safetly inside your house though)

yes he will actually bring it into the house too. and id take the pepsi challenge with those over-priced glass boxes any day

I've been looking at a 4x2x2 or a 5x2x2 from nd aquatics (or possibly a 2nd had juwel) for next year after I'm done with my exams.

Can I ask what's it like under the hood? Is there a glass sliding cover? Is the inside of the hood coated in waterproof paint?

yes sliding glass cover under hood underside of hood not painted is the same veneer as rest of hood, is fine if it gets wet tho doesnt get damaged and the rear of the hood has 6 3" diameter holes drilled into it so you can run pretty much any filters cables airline etc you want to the holes are lined with plastic sleeves to prevent water damage to the wood i will take some more pics to show you.

before you buy a juwel .........DONT!!!! notoriously poor quality just ask cfc what he thinks of them. bad reputation for lights heaters and top brace bar going

A grand! I just bought a 6ft one on ebay for £31! bargain. came with metal stand. jus got to make a lid and frame the stand.

Most reactions

Back