Finally Made My Mind Up!

joeyh51

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just been to the LFS and picked myself up a beautiful green severum. Put it in the tank about half an hour ago and already out and about exploring.
Here are a few pics, could anyone possibly sex it? I forgot to ask at the shop! Then there's my new rusty plec in the bottom pic as well :good:

dsc0194c.jpg

dsc0186im.jpg

dsc0203k.jpg

It's a male and very pretty good job they are great fish .

Well now I know its a he I can get around to giving him a name.

lovely sev.

I like the rusty too, used to have one of these, always out and about - much more so than most other plecs. :good:
Thats good news, I used to have a golden nugget and a blue phantom, both hid away most of the day and I never actually saw them! I'd much rather have a plain looking plec that I saw than I stunning one that never came out!

I've got a true parrot coming next week.... lets hope they get along :unsure:

lovely sev but im afraid your juwel vision 260 is on the small side . i reccomended a rotkeil as 1 of the smaller sevs for that very reason in your other thread . you really should cancel that true parrot too they are a very large cichlid that will need a tank much bigger than yours .

Thats good news, I used to have a golden nugget and a blue phantom, both hid away most of the day and I never actually saw them! I'd much rather have a plain looking plec that I saw than I stunning one that never came out!

I've got a true parrot coming next week.... lets hope they get along :unsure:

I inherited him with a tank I got a few years back, it was overstocked with 3 blood parrots, 3 green sevs and an african blockhead, which I all moved on fairly quickly. He was a robust thing - held his own at the bottom despite the blockhead.

Always wanted a blue phantom, had a couple of green phantoms, a chocolate zebra plec and a golden nugget plus some less colourful ones. The fancy plecs do tend to hide out more.

lovely sev but im afraid your juwel vision 260 is on the small side . i reccomended a rotkeil as 1 of the smaller sevs for that very reason in your other thread . you really should cancel that true parrot too they are a very large cichlid that will need a tank much bigger than yours .
Don't worry I wasn't ignoring your advice. I picked the smallest green sev in the shop (about 5 1/2 inches), and the parrot I'm getting is only about 6-8cm at the moment. Got plans to move onto a bigger tank as soon as they start to outgrow my 260!

Gorgeous MALE green sev !! Almost as nice as my Mr jeeves !!!!!
Your thread basically made me decide to get a green sev... out of the three in the shop this one was the most similar to Mr jeeves :good:

Jealous of your camera skills :( i've got a DSLR and get about 1 good picture out of every 10 i take! Nice fish btw :p

Jealous of your camera skills :( i've got a DSLR and get about 1 good picture out of every 10 i take! Nice fish btw :p
Well you don't know how many pictures I took to get those 3 good ones..... ok actually only 14 but he loves the camera :lol:

Most reactions

Back