Finally I Can Get Some Fish :-) What Should I Get

if you only buy one khuli loach i can guarantee you will only see it the once as you put it in the tank then it will go into hiding, i have about 10-15 in my tank they come out all the time, feel safer in groups. Rainbow fish are a shoaling fish and should be kept in groupd of 5+ some grow fair size others stay smallish so check potential size before you buy any.

Emma :)

If your LFS dont have Kuhli Loaches, then you could ask them to order some for you, if this fails then you can order them online.

I agree that bigger groups are better. So I'd suggest to change the list to this:

trio of gouramis
8 Kuhli Loach
8 glowlights OR 5 rainbowfish
zebra danios
1 bn

what substrate do you have?

kuhli loaches prefer sand as they like to dig themselves in (I looked at them myself for my tank)

I'd reccomend some cories, I bought 6 sterbai and they have very rapidly became my fave fish. they prefer groups but it can be expensive, mine were £6.50 each.
I believe Tri-mar sell them for 3 for £10 though!

Or change to this

1 Bristlenose
3 Gouramis
4 Kuhli Loaches
10 Glowlghts
10 Zebras

If you want both Kuhlis and a Bristlenose, remember not to get to many bottom fish.

what substrate do you have?

kuhli loaches prefer sand as they like to dig themselves in (I looked at them myself for my tank)

I'd reccomend some cories, I bought 6 sterbai and they have very rapidly became my fave fish. they prefer groups but it can be expensive, mine were £6.50 each.
I believe Tri-mar sell them for 3 for £10 though!
i have gravel substrate not sand :unsure:
will the Kuhil loaches not be sutable ?

Although sand is preferable, it is not essential. Gravel will be fine aslong as it has NO sharpe edges. If he gravel is smooth then you will be ok.

yeah like I said they prefer it, personally I wouldnt put them in anything but sand, just so they're at their happiest.

upto you though :)

Although sand is preferable, it is not essential. Gravel will be fine aslong as it has NO sharpe edges. If he gravel is smooth then you will be ok.
cool it is smooth rounded gravel

cheers for your help with this you have been a big help

Most reactions

Back