Finally Got Some Puffer :)

Jackman

Reaction score
Bought 3 Dwark Yellow Puffer today. really pleased. going to keep them for a bit now and see how they get on and then probably move onto a bigger single puffer :)

fed them some bloodworm earlier and they loved it.

they are sooo smallll :D

Bought 3 Dwark Yellow Puffer today. really pleased. going to keep them for a bit now and see how they get on and then probably move onto a bigger single puffer :)

Do you know the scientific name of the "dark yellow" puffers? Part of me hopes they're GSP's (which means you'll need brackish water to keep them), part of me is concerned you might have been sold 3 fahakas (which means you should be prepared for all kinds of trouble).

Do you know what kind they are?

Do you know the scientific name of the "dark yellow" puffers? Part of me hopes they're GSP's (which means you'll need brackish water to keep them), part of me is concerned you might have been sold 3 fahakas (which means you should be prepared for all kinds of trouble).

Do you know what kind they are?

DWARF yellow puffers sorry.

Cool thats a relief then.
What size tank you got em in?
Rob

Width: 25cm

Height: 30cm

Length: 50cm

they seem really happy. over the moon with them :)

ill try get some pictures but im not to dandy with a camera!

:unsure: That seems like too small a tank for 3 DPs plus other fish.... Must watch out for any aggression as they get used to their new environment. They are very territorial.

Cool thats a relief then.
What size tank you got em in?
Rob

Width: 25cm

Height: 30cm

Length: 50cm

they seem really happy. over the moon with them :)

ill try get some pictures but im not to dandy with a camera!

:unsure: That seems like too small a tank for 3 DPs plus other fish.... Must watch out for any aggression as they get used to their new environment. They are very territorial.

ive been awaiting this comment. ill be watching for the aggression. and if it come around everything else will be coming out.

i only got 3 because they were 3 for 6 pound in madienhead. call me stupid because i probably am. but i just fell in love with them tbh.

but ill keep a close eye.

do they get bloated when they eat btw?

If its heavily planted/decorated the tank is fine for three.

Whether or not the other fish will be ok depends on what the other fish are

and yes they do get bloated when they eat, but take care not to overfeed

What are the other fish?
And the trick with puffers is to keep them in a species only tank as they can be very aggressive towards other fish.
Rob

What are the other fish?
And the trick with puffers is to keep them in a species only tank as they can be very aggressive towards other fish.
Rob

neons and a red tail shark.

ive noticed the aggression. the smallest one is going for the other two.

and all 13 neons have nips out of their tails.

am i in trouble?

Most reactions

Back