Finally Black-sword Fry

paulthegreat

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Well, I put Deloris in the newly bought breeding net last night since I had a feeling that she was finally going to pop and got it right. My little Princess came and woke me this morning to let me know there were Black fry in the net. Four died but it looks like I got about 30 survivors. Most are black and orange and there are about three or four that look like they will be black and a few that could end up being orange or white with black flecks :D :D :D

awww i LOVE black and orange fry!!!! I've never seen a black and orange swordtail, but i bet they must be absolutly beautiful! :wub: post pics if ya can! what do you plan to do with all the fry?

If I get a couple that look really cool I will toss them in the 500 liter or replace some of the adults in the 112 liter to the 500 and put them in there. I have a grow out tank that I move the fry to and raise them for sale to my LFS's.

Congrats Paul! :D

I'm waiting on my Black Swordies for fry...but they are taking their precious little time. :p

congrats.
id love to see some pics, we have swordie fry at the moment but theyre all bright orange

Yeah!!!

I'm happy for you Paul! My swordies will have to have a party to celebrate. (Hope I've got enough bloodworms for all the tanks!)

Don't be surprised if a lot of the mixed color ones fill in to black. A lot of mine start off looking like they are going to be speckled or tuxedos but within a week of two the bodies completely fill in black. You should get some nice color in the fins though.

Keep us posted!

Don't be surprised if a lot of the mixed color ones fill in to black. A lot of mine start off looking like they are going to be speckled or tuxedos but within a week of two the bodies completely fill in black. You should get some nice color in the fins though.

I had two Platy fry which I named Spot and Speck(le)s.......... They turned out to be tuxedos! :rofl:

Congrats! I bought to Three black Swordtails...one male and two females, which both females are pregnant. One only had about five fry and she is still fat. Hopefully they both have them soon.

Most reactions

Back