Finally A Pic Of My Tank!

If you need to make a cover grab some 5mm Clear Acrylic a router and away you go very easy :)

glass or perspex

i got glass cut for my tank which it a 4x2x2 which cost me £120 i think you should get some cut it looks good and is easy to clean

really did you have halides wouldn't it be like a greenhouse in there?

would acrlylic be the same? or would it melt? air? my dad owns a plastic thermoforming business so i can get hold of loads of sheet and he has a 6axis router to cut it would it need holes? Would i need a fan?

really did you have halides wouldn't it be like a greenhouse in there?

would acrlylic be the same? or would it melt? air? my dad owns a plastic thermoforming business so i can get hold of loads of sheet and he has a 6axis router to cut it would it need holes? Would i need a fan?

That sounds grand - I would get small holes (very small) cut in to the plastic - you may well need to have a fan running over it in the summer

Seffie x

:fish:

what corals could i keep now?

what do you like the look of?

can you just jog my memory about tank size and lighting please (sorry, it's my age :crazy: )

Seffie x

:fish:

right just read your other thread - you have mh and the orca 550 - well, with those lights there are no high light loving corals you cant keep - so most of the sps. your problem is going to be the lower light loving corals, some of the lps and many softies.
I am assuming that you intend going down the stoney coral route with lighting like you have?

The orca is quite a deep tank and if you create some overhangs you could keep some lower light species down at the bottom. Anyway, if i was you I think I would spend the next couple of days looking at places like southwestmarines, fishmansfrags,coolcorals, reefstock, aquarium at cockerfields farm and looking to see what you like, then arrange your tank to suit those corals :good:

Most reactions

Back