Fin rott, betta male help

Okay thank you but Bettas don't live in salt water🥴 wont this kill him
if Ive done this right the dimensions are W-12 H-9 D-7
And of course I cycled the tank I done things like that the day before off going to buy him
A tank with the dimensions of 12x9x7 is around 3.3 gallons, which IMO is too small for a larger Betta like yours. It can work temporarily or until he heals but a 5+ gallon is strongly recommended for Betta fish.

I have/am keeping small Betta fish in 3 gallons tanks and they are happy. But a bigger Betta needs a bigger tank.

I'm a bit confused on the cycling. Did you mean you cycled it for one day before you got him, or something else? Because cycling usually takes around 4-6 weeks, but you can speed it up by using mature filter media, bottled BB, etc.

It's not necessarily always about the money but it's about holding these stores accountable. They are selling sick fish and now you are trying to help him, but they need to know they have done wrong. I don't think anyone is suggesting you bring him back there but you should definitely complain at the very least or they will keep doing it. I certainly wouldn't get any more fish from there if that's the state they're happy to sell them in.
I definitely won't be buying any more from them 1000% and I have complained already. they are trying to say he wasn't sick when he left but clearly he was

\
I definitely won't be buying any more from them 1000% and I have complained already. they are trying to say he wasn't sick when he left but clearly he was
Wow. Definitely leave a bad review and maybe go another time and try to talk to another person. I can't believe they would say that.

Yeah unless his fins all miraculously fell off in an instant they're chatting rubbish! Shame theyse kinds of places can't be held accountable more, I hope he pulls through, poor little guy.

A tank with the dimensions of 12x9x7 is around 3.3 gallons, which IMO is too small for a larger Betta like yours. It can work temporarily or until he heals but a 5+ gallon is strongly recommended for Betta fish.

I have/am keeping small Betta fish in 3 gallons tanks and they are happy. But a bigger Betta needs a bigger tank.

I'm a bit confused on the cycling. Did you mean you cycled it for one day before you got him, or something else? Because cycling usually takes around 4-6 weeks, but you can speed it up by using mature filter media, bottled BB, etc.

I don't even no what to do now I went to pets at home explained my problem and the man said he hasn't got fin rot thats just his colours

Most reactions

Back