Filtration System Question

Its only a possibility, but its for the sump, I know there are 'over the edge' systems I can rig together but these dont look at clean as the drilled overflow.

I have watched a few youtube videos and read a few guides and it seems simple enough to drill them myself, save me spending extra on the builds (If I get the tanks built) plus it also something else I will learn to do.

It's just a long shot - but have you considered searching the web or magazines for fish farm set-ups? Over the years I am sure I have seen (mainly abroad) tropical fish farms which have multiple banks of tanks. Just occassionally, you can see their piping layout. I'm talking about old fish mag articles here, but someone must have pictures/diagrams of working systems. Practical fishkeeping used to feature different LFS each edition, sometimes showing back of shop layout. Worth a search? I've just done a web search for "fishfarm filtration" & was quite surprised at the results I got back - cost wise, it is still cheaper to use plastic plumbing, but use the same ideas/piping layouts from production sytems

Thanks for the idea I will take a look probably next week now, or if I have wifi at the hotel ill take a peek, as currently freezing my private bits off at the setup for a trade show in Paris... it said on the weather it'd be warmer here than back home. But they lied!!!

Ill be back in the UK thursday night, so will prob look friday or over the weekend if not before.

not got the £££s to do anything until the new year now either :(

Thanks for the idea,

I went to the not so LFS earlier in the week, and I was talking to the manager/owner about what his setups used. The old tanks used a similar sump setup as described above, but they have just been taken over by maidenhead aquatics and have had a load of new systems install which use moving bed filters. These looked great and from what Ive seen Im think it might be the way to go.
He also told me a friend of his has just kitted out his fish with the Nexus EazyPod from Evolution Aqua
So Ive been reading up on these, they look like they will do the job AND it will filter ALL the tanks if I need it to, as it will take up to 2,200gallons. This is because it is designed for keeping Koi.

Im just waiting on some feedback from Evolution Aqua about how I would get the water from the outlets back to the tanks, as I dont think the outlet is pressurised. Does anyone here have experience with these systems and know how to acheive what Im trying to do?

Thanks

Most reactions

Back