filters

kevinandnadine

Reaction score
me and my wife are building a new house and would like to install a larger tank than were use too 400+ gal

we were wondering what was the best way to filter it

we though about hiring one of these custom companys that specialize in this kind of tank bbut we cant seem to find any that willl travel to our area.

currently we have a 120 gal in wall tank with 2 fluval 404 and a seaclone protean skimmer we love our tank and just want to make sure that this bigger one will be close to as easy to maintain

I am shortly goingb to be installing a 1200 gallon aquarium and I am going to filter it with a large fluidised sand filter and a re-gas tower. you will need to find a large pump such as an ITT marlow or something. if you are having a freshwater tank this will be fine and you will neeed a turnover of about 5 in a marine you would need about 6-15. if a marine then you would be better getting lots of live rock and a huge skimmer rated for 600gallons+.

ste2k3 said:
I am shortly goingb to be installing a 1200 gallon aquarium and I am going to filter it with a large fluidised sand filter and a re-gas tower. you will need to find a large pump such as an ITT marlow or something. if you are having a freshwater tank this will be fine and you will neeed a turnover of about 5 in a marine you would need about 6-15. if a marine then you would be better getting lots of live rock and a huge skimmer rated for 600gallons+.
Good grief - 1200 gal is more water than in the whole of Warrington isn't it? :D

like freshmike said, you will need a sump to house all the equipmen, and add water volume.

wet and dry filters are OK but a little out of date. they have a nasty habbit of turning into a nitrate factory if not maintained and I would not recamend them as the only filter in the tank.

Hydro Line 5000 Deluxe
hl5000d.gif

bwd

That is an RO unit. That would be ok for filling the tank and doing water changes but it will not filter it. ;)

ste2k3 said:
That is an RO unit. That would be ok for filling the tank and doing water changes but it will not filter it. ;)
:lol:

Got several RO units (identical to above) on pieces of kit at work...wonder if they'd notice if one went missing.. :p

Most reactions

Back