Filter

Oscar2012

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a fully cycled 25 litre aquarium and I am buying my betta a 45 litre aquarium, you get the filter, heater etc with the new tank but I wondered if the filter out the 25 litre would fully support the 45 litre instead of having to use the new one, i have the 1 male betta on his own so the bioload wouldn't be to much, what do you think?

It depends on the filter. If you had one that was designed for a bigger tank and you were using it in the 25 litre tank then yes but I suspect not.

What make and model is it?

Bio load will be the same on the new tank as the old one as long as the fish numbers stay the same.
I would use the new filter, and put the old filter media into it.   No need to cycle new filter then
biggrin.png

It's a hagen stringray filter for aquariums up to 25 litres, I know they haven't got good reviews but I have never had any problems with them to be honest, I did take some media from the filter in my 90 litre aquarium to put in the stingray and my aquarium was cycled really fast so will do that again, thanks for replys guys

Most reactions

Back