Filter

Man I know how to maintain my filter, I fill it to the brim when priming but there is still a huge airbubble in the intake pipe for 5 minutes. I take apart the pump and clean it out. I take the whole filter apart and clean everything about once a year just this thing has start up problems and I need to clean the media alot. Over feeding, I doubt that because the pump isnt strong enough to suck up any food, it all sits at the substrate and I need to get that with a syphon every week.

The problem with the pump is that it doesnt spin, when I plug it in, even with water, it doesnt spin and needs to be kick started using a stick. I don't really want to waste money on a new pump as I see buying a new filter will be a better option

Anyway I am saving up to buy a new eleite 20gal filter, if the lfs doesnt have any I will just buy a small hospital tank setup or something with my money.

If the motor is unable to turn the impellor over without a kickstart, then it is dodgy and needs replacing. If the filter is less than 2 years old it should still be under warranty and the motor should be replaced for free.

Most reactions

Back