Filter Not Working?

IHave2Goldfish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I got my new fish tank about three days ago.
I dont think the filter is working? :-(
I have a ten gallon fish tank with a 10 gal filter.
need help. :nod:

also my filter is a aqua tech

Am i reading this right?

You say you have a new 10 gallon. Your username suggests you have a couple of goldfish. Are these assumptions correct?

In which case your tank is (or will be) a little too small for them.

Onto your topic - what makes you think its not working?

If it isnt working take it uot - If you leave a filter that has stopped in there all the muck will be released back into the tank and make it even harder for you to get the water quaility right again in comparison to removing it.

Test it in a bucket wil a little bit of tank water in there. Make sure you check the impellor is clean and that nothing is clogging up the inlet.

If its not working test it on a couple of different power outlets - You never know something might be up with the connection to the power outlet and not the filter/

If it is definatly not working do a small water change every day until you can get a new one in there.

Good luck :)

Oh and put your hands infront of the outlet inside of the tank whilst it's on before taking it out... if you feel movement then its working. If the movement has dramatically decreased then it's likely something is clogging it up so try cleaning it how I mentioned above :)

Most reactions

Back