Filter Issue

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Alichae

Reaction score
I'm new to this fish thing and learning all the time. 
I remember my filter running faster and a few days ago after an algea insident last week. 
I think i've got all the algea under control and have cleaned to filter and checked all the parts.
But I only notice a bit of water being filtered, not the big flow that used to come out of it. 
I'm afraid the fish may not be getting enough oxygen if it's so slow. 

I took it to the fish store and they told me either filters work or they don't. But I have a hard time believing that. 

Any ideas? Thanks! 
santa.gif

I'm guessing you have a HOB filter. check if your intake tube is clear of junk and if your spinning part is on the right way. also fill the back of the filter completely.

one of my cheap filters was bad for this. there are often small holes that water must pass through that get clogged very easy and can be a pain to clean out. took the 2 good tries to get it clean enough to get the flow back. At times, the impeller casing and all the parts around it need a good cleaning.

I'm not sure what an HOB filter is, but mine is a Whisper 20. 
Checked again and all seems clear. the impeller and all parts are clean as well. 
Are the fish in danger, should I go buy a new one. It's been 2 days and no one looks stressed out. 

Most reactions

Back