filter for 125 gallon?

TajHQ

Reaction score
Hi there, me and my dad have decided to set up our old 125 gallon aquarium, and are looking into which filter would be best. We are planning on putting a couple of small sunfish (bluegill, or orage spotted/long ears (which would be preferrable, as they are MUCH prettier) if we can get them;), as well as a bottom feeder of some sort (small sucker, or catfish such as a madtom, or possibly a small channel cat, for now) as well as the usual snails and such (possibly crayfish as well).

At the moment we are looking into either a Magnum 350 Pro System, or else one of the Eheims, though I'm not sure which one. From what I've read the Classic or the Pro II seem to be the preffered choices, though I'll be honest in that I really don't understand the difference between them (other than the Pro II obviously looks much nicer, but then again, tis a filter, so who really cares?).

So yeah, if anyone has had experience with a large setup such as this, or with any of the canister filters I'd greatly appreciate your suggestions/advice.

Thanks in advance!!

~~Emily

You could save yourself a ton of money and run two Aquaclear AC-500's (110). $39 each www.petsmart.com.

You would be suprised how well they work!

I'd do a hob and cannister combo they work best IMO and isn't too expensive, specificaly a Aquaclear 110 and Filstar Xp3 rated for 110 gallons and 175 gallons respectively they will cope with your bioload and not complicatre maintenance.

Most reactions

Back