filter broke

addisfinalfilm

Reaction score
The filter in my large tank broke and I was planning to get a new one tomorrow, but I came to check on the fish and they were all at the top of the tank appearing to be struggling to breathe. I have a ten gallon tank with African dwarf frogs in it that has a working filter and I have added the fish in there, but is it okay to put a pleco in there with them just for the night? I don't want the pleco to end up dying but I also don't want it hurting the frogs. It is relatively small but it keeps swimming to the surface as well trying to breathe.

What temperature do you keep the tanks at? That sounds like an overheated aquarium.

Try to save the media in the filter for the new one. It'll fit in somehow.

The pleco will be fine for the night, but that will be a small tank overcrowded. What are the other fish?

What temperature do you keep the tanks at? That sounds like an overheated aquarium.

Try to save the media in the filter for the new one. It'll fit in somehow.

The pleco will be fine for the night, but that will be a small tank overcrowded. What are the other fish?
I try to keep them both around 75. The other fish are 3 cherry barbs and 1 molly

Most reactions

Back