Fiji Rock?

cedyced

Reaction score
I bought some Fiji Live Rock online. I got the rock today and it looks more like base rock or lace rock. Not at all like the pictures on the companies website. What do you all think?? The picture is in my profile when you click on my name also on my Avatar. That is the only way I can get it on the site. I tried copy and pasting and everything else in the forum with no luck.

Well IMO, you certainly didnt get "quality" Fiji LR, but thats personal opinion. I notice they have a disclaimer as follows:

All livestock may very in but not limited to shape, color, size, density, life, etc. than may be shown in the picture or description aforementioned.

So you might find getting a refund difficult. Try sending a polite email, discussing your situation if your not currently satisfied with what you receved, and make sure to pay respect to the disclaimer, and be nice, because you might be more inclined to recieve better help or a refund that way. :good:

that sucks but if you really needed live rock just keep it and put it in your tank.

I did need it. Will it have the same effect as the live fiji rock as far as filtration? Will things grow on it like regular live rock? I have about 300 watts of light on it in a 80gal...

****UPDATE****
I just got off the phone with the company. They looked at my order and admitted that they made a mistake by sending me base rock. They told me to keep the base rock and they are shipping me out 40 lbs of super premium fiji LR on Monday. Thanks for all of your responses.. I knew I wasn't crazy.. You were right, being nice and respectable about the situation made for a smooth hasle free transition. :D

:thumbs: Up to the company always nice to hear about good customer service :)

But then again, we should best wait until Monday, Post some pics up of the LR when you get it please :good:

****UPDATE****
I just got off the phone with the company. They looked at my order and admitted that they made a mistake by sending me base rock. They told me to keep the base rock and they are shipping me out 40 lbs of super premium fiji LR on Monday. Thanks for all of your responses.. I knew I wasn't crazy.. You were right, being nice and respectable about the situation made for a smooth hasle free transition. :D

Wicked news! It does pay to be polite and see what the Business has to say. Alot of their sales come from word of mouth, so unless they are an overseas business, or just dont care, most of the time they will try very hard to please the paying customer! Im glad you got your Fiji rock though!

(Now, I wonder if you realise advice given on this forum isnt free, and the first responder to a thread needs re-imbersment, ie. Fiji Live Rock! :lol: :lol: :lol: ) :p

They were cool about it. I just wonder if they did it on purpose thinking that I wouldn't notice or say anything. Because they would have made a nice profit. The base rock is much cheaper than I payed for the fiji... We shall see on Monday though... At least I got some free base rock...
Does base rock do the same as LR as far as filtration?

Does base rock do the same as LR as far as filtration?

Sure does, just not as pretty! :lol:

Im not sure that they would do it on purpose, because most customers would say something when they notice such a difference. And now they have had to pay for two lots of shipping, plus they gave you the base rock, and now Fiji LR for free. You came out on top, they certainly didnt. :nod:

Most reactions

Back