🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

this guy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Is figi live rock any good, as i think I might be putchasing some tomorrow

blout said:
works for me nice and cheap :nod:
:eek: :dunno:

it's between £12.50 and £14.50 for 1kg round here - not what I'd call cheap!

I think i'll have to look about a bit then :D

well added the rock and salt today, saltinity is a bit high - will this affect the orck and a protein skimmer i s arriving on monday, will the rock be ok with out it thanks.

How high is the salinity? You should always have it in check.

I would not even consider adding the skimmer until your tank has matured.

I am hopeful that you do not have fish in it yet.....

GL

No fish yet-Ill wait. the saltinit yiis 1.032, how should I reduce this

Just slowly add water to it. When your tank level goes down because of evaporation, are you adding just plain water back in, or adding saltwater?

Just water evaporates, and leaves the salt behind, so straight water is all that is needed for top offs.

Thanks alot. But will too much salt badly affext the liver rock. Oh and I put some rowa phospate remover in a mesh bag supplied and putt it outside tthe flow of the internal filter, i called the shop and they said this would be ok untill the external filter arrives in 1 week and a half. Is this ok? Oh and will the live rock be ok for a week and a half without an external filter (although ther is an internal

Im kinda dissapointed wtih this lve rock, I excpected all this stuff to sprout out right before my eyes. I mean it looks cool but the seaweed isnt really growing nd much is sproiuting out or growing - is this normal

this guy said:
Im kinda dissapointed wtih this lve rock, I excpected all this stuff to sprout out right before my eyes. I mean it looks cool but the seaweed isnt really growing nd much is sproiuting out or growing - is this normal
obviously some are better than others, ive had mine a few months now and im finding new stuff every day, different creatures, seaweed, algeas, polyps ect.

wel i think i just realised why i t is not happening. Although it was in a curing tank for 3 months at the lfs, it took us 4 hours to put it in the tank - does this mean no life would ever grow on it again. The man at the lfs said it could be left for 2 days eithout water - will life gorw - i dont ha e a skimmer or a power head but a trigon 190 filter - will this be wnough for know - i really want some lif e on th erock - will some life be produced eventually

Not sure if i understand you correctly. THe shop told you it would be ok to leave liverock out of water for 2 days??

Definately not! IF the rock is not kept wet then life on the rock dies.. its ok for a few hours but the longer its out of water and not kept wet then the more chance of killing everything on the rock :(

1.032 is definately too high and if your live rock is in this then its a good reason why nothing is growing or appearing on it yet (it still too early anyway).

WHen you top the tank up with water to help the evaporation make sure you only add Fresh water and NOT more salt water... When the water evaporates it doesnt take the salt with it so if you add more salt water then it will get steadily more concentrated in salt (Bad thing).

If the water is as high as you mention then siphon out a gallon or so and add fresh water (no salt) and this will help bring it down to an acceptable level. Keep doing this until the water reads between 1.022 and 1.026

i left the live rock oput for about 4 hours - but it was quite moist. Does this ean I have wasted all my money as it is know deasd and nothing will ever grow on it

Most reactions

Back