Ferts Advice Please

NoRp

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hi there im looking for advice on ferts.
i basicly want the cheapest options i will proberly dose the ei way but obv depends on what u guys say.
my tanks have alot of moss anibus crypts and im going for a carpet plant next. ( glosso, hc or haircrass. or i may just do some kinda moss carpet)

tank size is 4ft by 12 by 15.
lighting is partly diy with 8 6500k ES spiral bulbs and 1 unnamed 48"
atm CO2 is diy with a very good reactor but im looking at upping to FE around xmas time.
and i kinda guessed that dry ferts and ei was the best way to go im looking more for source to obtain the ferts

thanks in advance.

these sprials are weird they say they are 20W but equivilant to 100 watts. tb i dont even know how many i will have to have on atm as its only lighlty stocked and knowhere nere the plant mass im going to have. also currently no reflectors. will e starting off with plain ol foil i think. ( woods painted with white emulsion on inside)

I would hold back on the full EI until you get the FE set up. You could dose a trace of macro's & micro's in dry powder for now though.

Not sure on the wattage of the lights, i think they are 20w, but are just as bright as a 100w bulb. so in theory you have 8 x 20w bulbs correct? if so i would run all of them (but only when you get the FE & EI going)

yeah thats correct, even though im not using the wpg system im aiming for around 33000 lumens/surface area (cant spell)

Most reactions

Back