Fertilizer Question

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

GAB99

Jack Of All Trades
Reaction score
well all i have right now is epsom salts from target so i have been asking around (with no replies) if whether or not i can dose this now without having to wait for the other ferts to come in the mail in a few days (with my luck weeks)

You can do, but it won't make a big difference as there is still a limiting factor - the other nutrients but it won't harm anything.

Thanks, Aaron

You can do, but it won't make a big difference as there is still a limiting factor - the other nutrients but it won't harm anything.

Thanks, Aaron

ok thanks i guess ill hold off then no point in wasting it

mikaila31 reffered me to these ferts:

CaSO4
K2SO4
KH2PO4
KNO3
CSM+B plantex
Mg(SO4)2

as well as a site to get them off from but i cannot find KH2PO4? do i really need it and if i do can anyone point me to a way to get it?

CaSO4
K2SO4
KH2PO4
KNO3
CSM+B plantex
Mg(SO4)2

as well as a site to get them off from but i cannot find KH2PO4? do i really need it and if i do can anyone point me to a way to get it?

No need for the CaSO4 or K2SO4 - unless you need extra Ca and K which is unlikely.

KH2PO4 is important as this is the source of PO4. You can get everything from here: http://www.aquariumfertilizer.com/index.asp?Option1=inven&EditU=2&Regit=10&ReturnOption1=cats&ReturnEdit=2&Returnitemname=&ReturnShowItemStart=

It is called Monopotassium phosphate (KH2PO4).
You can also get Potassium Phosphate (K2PO4). There is no difference (for what it matters to the plants anyway!)

Thanks, Aaron

CaSO4
K2SO4
KH2PO4
KNO3
CSM+B plantex
Mg(SO4)2

oh how i wish you posted earlier i ordered tham yesterday and ended up paying 45 stinkin $ for all the ferts lol

No need for the CaSO4 or K2SO4 - unless you need extra Ca and K which is unlikely.

KH2PO4 is important as this is the source of PO4. You can get everything from here: http://www.aquariumfertilizer.com/index.asp?Option1=inven&EditU=2&Regit=10&ReturnOption1=cats&ReturnEdit=2&Returnitemname=&ReturnShowItemStart=

It is called Monopotassium phosphate (KH2PO4).
You can also get Potassium Phosphate (K2PO4). There is no difference (for what it matters to the plants anyway!)

Thanks, Aaron

ahh sorry, been busy! lol.

Never mind, at least it will still be a lot cheaper in the long run. Did you get any potassium phosphate then?

Thanks, Aaron

Most reactions

Back