Females betta attacking

Something weird is happening to one of my female bettas, she’s swimming right at the top of the tank and won’t leave it. Another bettas come by and kind of nip at her thinly then does she move from the top. Last time I feed them was Thursday night so I usually feed them once a day so I was going to deeed them again tonight. What’s going on?

Attachments

• 58A19F91-8715-4D1F-A362-D208BE86341B.jpeg
    58A19F91-8715-4D1F-A362-D208BE86341B.jpeg
    872.5 KB · Views: 183
She is more than likely stressed out. Move her to a Quarantine tank immediately. Use some of the water from the main tank so it will be same temperature and parameters. She may not make it but let’s try. This Is why you have to have other tanks ready in case you need to move one quickly. Sororities are difficult to do but we won’t get into that right now. If you can, move a little bit of your cycled filter media over to the filter in the quarantine tank to help speed up cycle in quarantine. This fish probably can’t handle a sorority.

Last edited:
She is more than likely stressed out. Move her to a Quarantine tank immediately. Use some of the water from the main tank so it will be same temperature and parameters. She may not make it but let’s try. This Is why you have to have other tanks ready in case you need to move one quickly. Sororities are difficult to do but we won’t get into that right now. If you can, move a little bit of your cycled filter media over to the filter in the quarantine tank to help speed up cycle in quarantine. This fish probably can’t handle a sorority.

It’s a shame I didn’t see this post earlier because she passed away today.

I think I need more plants and possible change around because putting in plants is all good but my tank not long but tall. I put in stones to make it taller and for something else to do at the top of the tank.

I’m sorry to hear she didn’t make it. She was probably too sweet. I had one like that and had to put her in her own 5G tank. She just wouldn’t stand her ground. Yes, please get more plants and fill in all the holes. Get some caves or decor they can hide in too. My girls each had their own cave. There’s a guy on EBay that sells a big bunch of anacharis for $12.99. It’s always healthy and great price. I get enough to put in 5 tanks and a pond. Look him up. His seller name is rolandpre6. If you can’t find him just search for anacharis and look for the pic of a guy holding a big bunch. You can put the anacharis in the substrate or just float it. It’s good to fill in the gaps between plants. Good luck!

Last edited:
I’m sorry to hear she didn’t make it. She was probably too sweet. I had one like that and had to put her in her own 5G tank. She just wouldn’t stand her ground. Yes, please get more plants and fill in all the holes. Get some caves or decor they can hide in too. My girls each had their own cave. There’s a guy on EBay that sells a big bunch of anacharis for $12.99. It’s always healthy and great price. I get enough to put in 5 tanks and a pond. Look him up. His seller name is rolandpre6. If you can’t find him just search for anacharis and look for the pic of a guy holding a big bunch. You can put the anacharis in the substrate or just float it. It’s good to fill in the gaps between plants. Good luck!

Is the plant guy in Australia?

Most reactions

Back