Female Honey Gourami

l33d5.dr

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My female gourami spends most of her time laid on the bottom of the tank and only moves if another fish goes near her or comes up to the surface to feed.She feeds every day,all the other fish appear to be healthy and my water checks show everything is ok.Does anyone know if this is normal or is there something wrong.Thanks for any help.

Hello everyone,
My female gourami spends most of her time laid on the bottom of the tank and only moves if another fish goes near her or comes up to the surface to feed.She feeds every day,all the other fish appear to be healthy and my water checks show everything is ok.Does anyone know if this is normal or is there something wrong.Thanks for any help.

She might be sick but...

Do you have a lot of real or fake plants in the tank? I know my Gourami will act in the same way without them. They stay to the bottom of the tank by the filter or whatever decor I have in there. Once I added more plants and wood they were fine and swam all over acting perfectly happy and content.

Hi kay,I have 6 real plants and 3 pieces of bog wood.She doesn't seem to swim much if she moves she just floats on the current until she drops to the bottom and stays there.I don't know if I'm getting paranoid but I think she is a funny shape as well.She has a fat belly but her back end looks thin,her body has a slight bend from her body to her tail.I don't think she's in any distress but I just wondered if any other gourami owners have noticed anything similar with their fish.I'll just have to keep an eye on her.Thanks.

Sounds like something could be wrong but I'm not sure what. Would you be able to get a picture of her body? Kinda sounds like some thing might be wrong with her spine. Not sure though. Has she always been shaped like this or no?

I'm really not sure what it would be.

She's still eating?
There's no outward signs of illness?
What are her tank mates?

Hello kay,
Thanks for the reply.Unfortunately things got worse so I posted on the emergency forum and not long after that the gourami died.I think it was sick when I got it (3 days ago).I'm a newbie so I thought I was doing something wrong but all the other fish look healthy so I'll just keep a check on them and hope it was just bad luck I got an unhealthy fish.

I hope that is the reason she died. I'm sorry.

I'm currently dealing with a new sick fish. He was in a sick tank for 3 days and looked fine. I'll learn my lesson. :(

I hope all your other fish keep well.

Most reactions

Back