Female Bettas

Personally I don't think it would be a good idea, female bettas aren't as agressive as males but they can still nip fins, and guppies have those large flowing tails. I'm not positive on this though, I've never tried keeping the two together.

both my guppies r male and only one has a flowy tail. the other one is younger so i dont kno if his tail will grow out or not. the guppies arnt very active except at feeding time. one of them ive just bought, and the other ive had for 6-7 months.

i use to keep my females in a community tank with plent of guppies, all seemed fine to me.

both my guppies r male and only one has a flowy tail. the other one is younger so i dont kno if his tail will grow out or not. the guppies arnt very active except at feeding time. one of them ive just bought, and the other ive had for 6-7 months.

Scratch that, the guppies r MORE active at feeding time. the red one is always zooming around (hes the younger 1) and the yellow one has been out and about since i bought him a friend.

Im not sure your tank is big enough for female bettas as you have to have like 5 or 6 so they dont fight.... But someone correct me if im wrong...

I wouldn't personaly, lots of tempting tails to nibble on from both sides.

ok so it could work out for you keeping the two together however theres a good chance of it not working out. i have had one set of females who had no problems living with guppies and another set who murdered a whole bunch in a single night...... if you are serious about trying them together i recommend a 10-15 gallon tank to start with lots of plants, and you need at least 5-6 bettas. remember to leave your 5 gallon set up for your guppies just in case things don't go so smoothly. another thing it might work out fine at first but it coud change at any time so you will have to keep a constant eye on the fish.

i had them in my 15 gal with female guppies so no long flowing tails or flashy colouring and it didn't work, it did for a month or so then the guppies started disappearing, and i wouldn't suggest it in a 5 gal

Probably not, the male beta might mistake the guppies as another beta and kill them because of the tails. Generally male bettas are loners and don't like other fish in their personal space.

And you got me looking at your dragons =P In a sec I'm going to post mine in my sig =P

do NOT even bother trying it with a male betta. it is a 99.9% chance that it will be killed withing a few minutes to a few hours in my opinion.

Most reactions

Back