Feeding Mosquito Larvae

what about a bucket of water that has gone brown because of leaves in it?

J4MES

I'm only using a small cup to collect them in and I drain most of the water out of it.
The pond was set up about 2 weeks ago - no fish yet (hence the larvae not being eaten there) - and the water still seems pretty clear.

Anyway, I fed them again yesterday and there was another feeding frenzy. They love them!
Will give them a day off today though and feed them again tomorrow - don't want them getting to used to live food

i would suggest you taking some of them out and examining them to see if they are going to turn into mosquitos anytime soon, if you start seeing any that are in that stage, i would suggest either gathering them all, and making them into food by freezing them or suspending them in agar and then freezing them. just gather all of them and pour them through a strainer and rinse them out in tap, take a cup, or a ziploc bag if you have enough and then dump them all in there and put them in the freezer. just break off whatever you need afterwards. or you can leave them be and become food :p

Most reactions

Back