Feeding Bloodworms

kris2112

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
ive just bought some frozen bloodworms for my fish
and was just wondering on the best way to prep and feed them

and how much should i give them i have 10 danios and 6 mollies.

ive just bought some frozen bloodworms for my fish
and was just wondering on the best way to prep and feed them

and how much should i give them i have 10 danios and 6 mollies.

Hi there

You can take one tablet out of the blister pack. or cut one tab in half, pop it into a small dish, wait for it to defrost (about 20 mins or so) Add some tank water swirl about and just feed a few at a time over a 5 minute period. You'll probably find that they are soon gobbled up.

Hint: If you have cats make sure to cover the dish, my cat will eat the whole lot if he can lol

you can get a small container. ie yoghurt pot, put the cube in with a bit of warm tank water and then wait for it to defrost, or you could try just chucking it straight in

if you chuck it in frozen its cool to watch them all fight over it

if you chuck it in frozen its cool to watch them all fight over it

I use a small cup. Get some tank water in to it, and then drop the frozen cube in to the water. Thaws in a few mins, then I pour in the worms :)

thanks for the help i put it in a container for a few mins with tank water
and fed them a bit a at a time they ate the lot in a few minutes

how often should i give them bloodworms
is once a week enough?

hi just keep an eye on your water stats as i purchased some small frozen bloodworms in cubes from lfs i put one in the tank and my nitrites went up , im unsure why as newbie but did panic me a bit about re-using them.

That's very strange that your nitrites went up. Was your tank cycled? Adding the bloodworm shouldn't become a problem unless there is A LOT not being eaten and decaying at the bottom.

I deforst mine then snip them up with a small pair of scissors - that way the smaller fish dont have such a problem eating them

dont mean to hiijack the thread, but does anyone know which other frozen foods you can get that are a general favorite for community tropicals?

Frozen daphnia and frozen brine shrimp go over very well too. The daphnia are especially good for the smaller fish.

Most reactions

Back