Fat Cory

blackbat

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
okay I am new to the world of cory love but these two albino corys have won my heart. I got them about 3 weeks ago when I got a tank off ebay with the fish in it, they were in pretty bad condition but all have bloomed over the last 3 weeks but one of the corys is like a barrel she is so fat I thought she was having eggs but she has stayed that way and no eggs, she is eating and always on the go cleaning something or dancing up the side of the glass with the other cory and the clown loaches.

could there be something wrong with her or is this normal?
any ideas? could this be parasitic or aswimbladder problem?

101_2344.jpg

Nope its normal, when female albino corys mature they carry a lot of eggs and even after spawning they will still retain a pretty large bellied appearance :thumbs: . If you can get some more corys, both males and females, they should spawn if the conditions are right in your tank (the more albino corys you have, the more likely they are to spawn) :good: .

phew thats a relief I thought I was going to have to make her go on a diet haahaa
thanks for your reply
:) :)
I well be getting a few more corydora indeed some albino and others of various types. I am really sold on these little fish

If you have or get some matured male(s) and use cooler water for your water change, she will most likely lay some eggs for you.
So you probably want to read some of the pinned post in the top of the all the post. They will explain what you should do with eggs and stuff. Good luck.

Most reactions

Back